Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Yana V.

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,
I would like to personally invite you to our new competition with new rules and prizes.

wild-life-contest-poster.png 

Pixarra announces a call for artists for “Wild Life” Digital Art Contest. The juried competition is open for 2D and 3D artists of any level from around the world.

All submitted artworks must be digitally created illustrations. Submissions containing filtered photographies, photo manipulations, collages or animation are not accepted.

Participation is free of charge and has no limitations on the number of submissions and the software used to create them.

Entries will be accepted through a submission form on the competition’s official page: http://www.pixarra.com/competition from May 22 to June 21.

The winners will be determined by a jury comprised of representatives of Pixarra and will be announced on June 24. The prizes are provided by the contest official sponsors – 3DCoat, Mediachance, Escape Motions, AKVIS and KeyShot, and Pixarra as follows:

First Place:

- TwistedBrush Pro Studio 24 by Pixarra

- 3DCoat Professional License by Pilgway

- Dynamic Auto Painter plus Photo Reactor bundle by MediaChance

- A license of Escape Motions software (value up to $90) of choice: Rebelle, Flame Painter, Amberlight or Inspirit

- A Home Deluxe license (Plugin + Standalone) for any AKVIS image editing program

- A 30-day full license of KeyShotby Luxion

Second Place:

- Pixarra Studio Bundle

- 3DCoat Amateur License by Pilgway

- Dynamic Auto Painter by MediaChance

- A license of Escape Motions software (value up to $90) of choice: Rebelle, Flame Painter, Amberlight or Inspirit

- A Home Deluxe license (Plugin + Standalone) for any AKVIS image editing program

- A 30-day full license of KeyShotby Luxion

Third Place:

- Pixarra Studio Product  (Paint Studio, Tree Studio, Blob Studio, Liquid Studio, Luminance Studio, Pixel Studio or Selfie Studio) by choice

- 3DCoat Amateur License by Pilgway

For more information, visit http://www.pixarra.com/competition and http://www.pixarra.com/rules or contact the Organizer at support@pixarra.com.

Yana V.

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 

We are happy to announce that TheBest3D will be joining us as a sponsor in the “Wild Life” Digital Art Competition, providing 3 more prizes for the winners: 1 x PD Howler (2019) and 2 x PD Artist (2019).

Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Yana.  When do we have access to view the submissions in this competition so that we can "like" them?  [smile]  Robyn
Yana V.

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Robyn,

The gallery is there. It's open from the beginning. You have to click on the Gallery link, next to Enter, above the submission form on the contest page.

https://i.gyazo.com/6ad75ee2f5ad6bf54d7c47ecdd1a6e0c.png

Regards,
Yana
Robyn

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Yana.  That link doesn't allow the gallery link to work (for me) but I used the  http://www.pixarra.com/competition link and all is fine.  [smile] Robyn
BunnySpots

Reply with quote  #6 
Maybe for future contests have a rule or at least a strong recommendation to create new artwork... it's kind of disheartening to see so many old works being submitted.
Yana V.

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi BunnySpots,

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, we don't have how to track all the submitted artworks. The main purpose of the contest is to have fun - for both participants and contest watchers. We don't like to have too many limitations.

Regards,
Yana
BunnySpots

Reply with quote  #8 
That's why I said strong suggestion as I realize there's no way to actually police it. But it could be encouraged. IMO It takes a lot of the "fun" out of it when you see blocks of old work submitted on both fronts. As an artist it's dismaying since the odds are the winner is going to be some old master piece work, as a watcher it's dismaying since you wind up seeing almost entirely repeats. A lot of the current submissions are things that where posted to this forum in the past few years.

In a lot of ways I think the old contests where a given subset of tools limited to TwistedBrush were loads more fun as it nearly eliminated the odds of submitting old work, and encouraged people to break out and try new and interesting things. This on the other hand feels like a 3 winner lottery where the ticket price is your old art work... of course given the unlimited nature of things the winner could even wind up being someone who just stole artwork from DA and posting it here as their own.

In many ways even the prize sets feel a little off putting since they are so lumped together for an ambiguous category. It makes for "big wins" but really it would be more fun and fitting given the scope of the prizes if they would have been spread out over 3 or 4 categories each with their own set of winners.

Overall it just feels like there's so much wasted potential for an actual fun and encouraging time.
I was working on a piece in TBP to enter, but it's really killed motivation seeing things go the way they have. Now I'm not even sure I want to bother trying to finish what I was working on in time as I'd be better off just slapping in a few of my old works from Photoshop and Painter from years ago since it would be better odds by numbers and even better quality over all since I had far more free time for art back then.

Really I probably shouldn't complain and just submit some old works and call it a lottery like it seems nearly everyone one else is doing. It's just depressing to me to see it go that way, and I hope the next contest is actually more encouraging and setup less like a lottery jackpot.

Since this one is a jackpot though I do kind of hope that when you judge things you throw some extra luck to artist who did new and unique artwork. I'll probably just toss in some old work now, though maybe not I'd feel guilty if I won anything that way... Actually thinking about that could any of the winners choice to have their prizes go to the creators of different art works? That way if I did win I could pick someones work that really looked new and unique to give have the winnings given to?
Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 

I'm not sure how far back you are talking about BunnySpots but we had two things we could enter.

Challenges where the TB brushes were restricted, sometimes with only one paint brush and one blender. That was great fun and a real challenge because of the restrictions. No prize, but bragging rights for the winners.

Competitions with a theme, TB brushes to be used and prizes for the top three winners. We weren't allowed to post anything that had already been posted on Pixarra. People stuck with the rules, but there was one incident where the winner had stolen a picture from an active TB member. He was removed and the one in second place took the first place etc... Apart from that incident it was all good from memory.

Yana V.

Administrator
Reply with quote  #10 
I understand your point but I can't agree. This has nothing to do with lottery and luck. It's all about art, talent, technique and vision. Good works will be good in 1, 10 and 100 years and bad ones won't have a chance. Your task here is to be better and present something good. To exceed all and mostly yourself. If you can do it with an old artwork, it's ok. Of course, it's always better if you can do something new and better than the previous ones.
We don't want to limit the contest to works done with TwistedBrush only and there isn't a way to prove what's done now and what 1 year ago. We already have a lot of work checking the submissions that are coming now, searching if they followed the rules or not. And there are always people trying to present filtered photographies as digital paintings, including stolen images. Also, if we do that, there will be no more than 10 submissions for the whole contest. And this isn't motivating at all.
Robyn

Reply with quote  #11 
Hi Yana.   I wasn't criticising your comps of today, I was just enlarging to BunnySpots on what used to be, in answer to this bit here  Quote: "In a lot of ways I think the old contests where a given subset of tools limited to TwistedBrush..." Unquote.  Truly sorry if you thought otherwise... [smile] Robyn
Yana V.

Administrator
Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Robyn,

No problem. You are free to give your opinion. This is why the forum exists.

My comment war a response to BunnySpots.

If you (all) think that it would be good and that there would be enough interest, we can think of organizing a TwistedBrush challenge again, just for fun, without sponsors and prizes.

Yana
Larry2

Reply with quote  #13 
Hi Yana,I think you have have hit the nail on the head with this quote:

Quote:
If you (all) think that it would be good and that there would be enough interest, we can think of organizing a TwistedBrush challenge again, just for fun, without sponsors and prizes.

This is a contest and prizes should be awarded, a challenge is a challenge which would push artist to realize their potential, learn the brushes and how the program works and yes it would be fun.

I for one would like to see the challenges back up and running in a different category for new and old TB users using TB programs only.
Maybe a separate sub category for each program (?)
Call me old fashioned but after all,,,this is the "Pixarra" website
 Just my opinion 

Administrator
Reply with quote  #14 
Thank you Larry2,
We will think about it.

Regards, Yana
stickynoteme

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Also, if we do that, there will be no more than 10 submissions for the whole contest. And this isn't motivating at all.

I just came by to check to see if I still have time to finish something since I keep forgetting when the end date is and I'm a super slow artist most of the time. XP Probably not going to actually be able finish it and will have to submit a note nearly as finished as I'd like work, but it was still fun, and I have zero chance of winning anything anyway, so it was purely for fun to start with. XD

Anyway that said I did want to add my 2cents and disagree with this. It would actually be a lot more fun if there was only 10 submissions. IMO I'm going to mostly agree with BS. It's way more fun to encourage and see what people are working on right now in our community even if it limits the field as it turns it into a fun supportive community venture.

If I wanted to just look at good old artwork [which I often do] I wouldn't come here for that. There are countless better websites dedicated to the theme. As for 100 year old artwork there are these interesting things called art museums. They're kind of fun to go to if you like 100 year old artwork. Thanks to google you can even visit a few of them online or in VR for free. 😃

In the end this is a small community art forum for a specific art program not DeviaintART or the likes so it dose feel more then a bit unnatural, awkward and off putting to actively be encourage entry of old artwork from big brand competitive software. Since it's pretty safe to say that pretty much any of us who are dedicated niche software users like say TwistedBrush users will be safely crushed if a true pro users of Adobe, Corel, or big brand 3D rendering users drops by to submit some stuff. [Unless you rigged the judging against them. 😋 ] So~ Yeah kind of strange to have a big prize contest where your main users base is pretty much doomed unless it's a flop and doesn't attract much attention from the outside world. XD
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.