Author   Comment  
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #1 
Who.png 
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #2 
Owls are so beautiful Bob aren't they?  Yours is very happily perched on his tree looking for his nightly feed. Big eyes searching everywhere. Love the work on the bark of the tree.
Vivienne
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Vivienne. The bark was a brush experiment a couple of weeks ago and it looked too cool so I saved it. Then the owl idea came but I wasn't sure I could come up with a way of doing the owl that would go with the tree. After a couple of tries, I came up with this. I'm not thrilled but satisfied.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
Cool Bob ,cool work on that tree bark
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Don. The bark was the easiest part. I'm still refining the brush. If there is interest I'll post the code.

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Thank you Vivienne. The bark was a brush experiment a couple of weeks ago and it looked too cool so I saved it. Then the owl idea came but I wasn't sure I could come up with a way of doing the owl that would go with the tree. After a couple of tries, I came up with this. I'm not thrilled but satisfied.

bd

So glad you kept that bark. It really is terrific. You also used it in the best possible way.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Tu-whit tu-whoo sayeth the lil owl, but methinks that sounds not quite right. I seem to hear whoo whoo when I hear an owl, just as your title says Bob. I love your tree!! Marvelous work. The strong bark look is magic to me and very decorative as well. I love the bits of green growing on it too.  As for your dear little owl, here is a poem about one, it's copyrighted so I can only post the link.   (well, everything is copyright mostly). http://www.poetrybyginny.com/TOWHITTOWHOO.htm 

Have a look at these 3 awkward looking ones if you feel like it, I think they're babies, but funny the way they're moving. 

[smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #8 
Oh my goodness they showed up on the post Bob.   Well I hope facebook is hosting them in the same way that utube does, so that it's not using Ken's space.  [rolleyes][smile] Rob
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Rob. Those are ugly-cute. They've always been mystical to me. Creatures of the night. I have some in my back yard. Neat sound but they worry me about my cats and the rabbits who have moved in lately. I'm pretty much pro-mammal. I'll post that brush when I've beta tested it. I don't want it to do weird stuff and frustrate people.

bd

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #10 
I like this one a lot! Fantastic tree and all around!
Ken
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #11 
Thank you Ken.

bd

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.