Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
When troubles arise... tb.jpg   Do we really know what's going on in the lives of our loved ones? No one can ever know anyone 100% but maybe we can read the signs that things are not right. In light of the tragedies that happen with young ones today, we need to be on the lookout, although in some there are no outward signs at all. Hopefully none of us here will ever have to go through what others are going through. My regards, Rob/yn.
PS I promise to post a picture full of smiles sometime... lol. I drew those little bathroom items and I see that the tweezers and scissors have jagged edges. I couldn't make it happen at that size.

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #2 
These two beautiful people look to be very close - maybe a young married couple Robyn.  However the wife is obviously concerned about her husband.  They are very young and maybe they have bitten off more than they can chew, perhaps a mortgage and all the furniture that has to go with a new home.  Maybe he has lost his job and they don't know which way to turn anymore.  This is often the case these days with young married couples and they are in big trouble.  Some manage to get out of it by realising they have to sell their home and perhaps rent for a while to get enough for a bigger deposit and then having learned the hard way they go a bit slower in buying everything they need.  In this case needs come before wants. Hope this makes sense.  I love your work and the expressions on both faces also the bathroom setting.
Vivienne

Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks a heap Vivienne. I think you hit the nail on the head for many situations among the young and even the older ones. There is a depression that sets in that can make people do the unwise things in these situations.  Sometimes a depression is there for no exact reason as well, and it is a problem in the general make up of the individual. That leads to many very sad effects in their lives.  I'm very happy you like this. Thanks again.  [smile] Robyn
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
Good work Robyn
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Good job Rob. You always do well with your characters displaying the emotion of your story.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Good work Robyn

Thanks very much for thinking so Don. I appreciate it.  [smile] Robyn

Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Good job Rob. You always do well with your characters displaying the emotion of your story.

bd

Thanks very much Bob.  I know the expressions in my faces are mainly subtle, but it doesn't take much to tell a story in someone's face does it. I just love drawing faces.  [smile] Rob

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
Great work Rob!
Ken
Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarlino
Great work Rob!
Ken

Thanks so much for thinking that Ken. Nice to see you back! ... and thanks for the "like" as well  [smile] Rob

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #10 
Her green eyes are out of this world, Rob. I like their hair.

They could be worried about a friend or loved one.

A++

Robyn

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbuggy
Her green eyes are out of this world, Rob. I like their hair.

They could be worried about a friend or loved one.

A++

Thanks so much for liking it Rita and for the great mark as well. It is possible that they are both concerned about a friend or loved one.    The hair was done with the veined wet oil and then smoothed over a bit.  I see the husband has no 6 o'clock shadow... lol   It's hard for me to draw that. [smile]  Rob

Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Rob,

Somehow missed this one when you posted it.   You can certainly see something is worrying both of them.   Great work with the eyes and facial expressions which make it obvious that something is troubling them both.   Great stuff.

Cheers Isla 
Robyn

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isla Burridge
Hi Rob,

Somehow missed this one when you posted it.   You can certainly see something is worrying both of them.   Great work with the eyes and facial expressions which make it obvious that something is troubling them both.   Great stuff.

Cheers Isla 

That's quite alright to be late Isla and I'm always happy to see you.  Thanks so much for your observations and the "great". . Yes you are right, something is troubling them both and it is two different things. She's very concerned about him as he seems to have something personal troubling him.  Sometimes even when we do observe a troubled love one, we can't always help them. Sometimes depressed people can't do anything to help themselves either, even if they know of things that can help. It's like being tied up, and in a dark place.   Thanks again... [smile] Rob

Suzette

Reply with quote  #14 
OMGosh! This is so well done, and to think you were concerned with the tweezers and scissors having jagged edges. So much expression in both faces. Great job on those. The brush bristles are spot on as well as their hair. (Thank you for sharing your technique) 
Robyn

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette
OMGosh! This is so well done, and to think you were concerned with the tweezers and scissors having jagged edges. So much expression in both faces. Great job on those. The brush bristles are spot on as well as their hair. (Thank you for sharing your technique) 
Wow, thanks a heap Suzette!  I'm so happy you like.    Yes I laugh at the jagged line bits now.   I was rather proud of the brush  [rofl] and I think you are the only one that remarked on it.  haha..  I can't remember how I did it though. I mean which brushes I used. Looking at it again, I think I drew a solid block of colour and then used a thin blender to cut into it, but maybe not.  Where the jagged bits are concerned, I think I read somewhere that if you make a large one, and then shrink it, it eliminates jagged edges.  I will try that out and see. [smile]  Robyn

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.