Author   Comment  
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #1 
I dragged out my Intuos drawing tablet again. I have never gotten used to a tablet even though I have had this one for a couple of years besides a couple of others. This time I found a position that clicked. I think a few years ago I completed one picture on a tablet that I published. This is my second.
Unidentified Man.png 

Robyn

Reply with quote  #2 
Your man looks good and it's also in your own unique style, so drawing on the tablet didn't change that. You always have such a good shape to the head. I like this very much. To my mind it's quite an accomplishment to be able to draw on a tablet Bob, and I've only managed it once but not in the same way that you have.. I don't want to do that again. It's such a small space to draw on. Well done. [smile]  Rob

PS  I do remember you posting another some years back, but I don't remember which one.  

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #3 
Good work
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #4 
Excellent work Bob. So glad you are using your tablet as they are really very good for finer points and in some instances even better than a mouse.  Love the contours on your head and those lips are so well defined. Also all the other facial features are good.
Vivienne
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Rob.  I barely remember the other one. Rob the tablet I have is bigger than my mouse pad, so it's OK that way. I'm actually enthused to use it.

bd

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you Don.

bd

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you Vivienne. I still study anatomy and watch art tutorials. I think the tablet will make a big difference. I have to figure a place for the mouse. I still need it for some stuff.

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Thank you Vivienne. I still study anatomy and watch art tutorials. I think the tablet will make a big difference. I have to figure a place for the mouse. I still need it for some stuff.

bd

I totally agree that you still need the mouse for certain things. I use both all depends what I am doing. Happy painting with both Bob.
Vivienne
spuddy

Reply with quote  #9 
Nice work as usual Bob You will very quickly get used to using a Tablet I just use a small Intuos 20 X 16 cm.... Funny I find a smaller one easier to use as I can cover the whole screen with a twist of the wrist no need to move my arm.I have my optical mouse to the left on a sheet of printed A4 paper stuck to the glass desk not a mat and use my left hand in tandem with my right
as Rita would say" Happy painting"
Dave
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks Dave. I just finished and posted another tablet pic. Drew so much when I was younger with pencils, pens, and colored pencils that it is coming back pretty fast. I posted a not re: lasso on your new pic.

bd

spuddy

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks ..put a reply on
.Dave
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.