Author   Comment  
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #1 
This was a river out of bounds to us as children due a number of drownings and it was always a very muddy river. I have tried to be kind to it with a bit of blue. I was at our backdoor and so very tempting to swing off the willows. Too scared though. There was a farmer n our street who leased the land from the council and he grew the healthiest of veges there. Umzindusi river 2.jpg  Thanks for looking
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice and I like your story
Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Your willows are so beautiful Vivienne... I love those trees.  Nice work with the tree brushes.   What a shame to have such a lovely spot marred with real danger. That must have been very frustrating for the children involved, including you. So tempting to take the risk...    The silt from the river is full of minerals and grows the very best plants. He was a wise guy. [smile]  Robyn
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Nice and I like your story

Thanks Don. I forgot to add that he also had fruit trees, apples, plums and peaches.
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
Your willows are so beautiful Vivienne... I love those trees.  Nice work with the tree brushes.   What a shame to have such a lovely spot marred with real danger. That must have been very frustrating for the children involved, including you. So tempting to take the risk...    The silt from the river is full of minerals and grows the very best plants. He was a wise guy. [smile]  Robyn

Thanks Robyn.  The soil was super rich.  What he didn't send to the markets he used to share around the street. Mind you mum and dad had a 1/2 acre too as we had a really big yard and they used to grow all our veges and also fruit trees.  We never wanted for healthy fruit and veges.
Vivienne
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.