Author   Comment  
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #1 
Thought Police.png 
shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #2 

Great art, as usual.

Groupthink, unfortunately, is everywhere. When intolerant, politically correct nonsense takes over a once-free nation, these police multiply daily. Children report parents and grandparents for all kinds of false slights (I'm not talking about real child abuse). Teachers are mocked and taunted by students and the physical and verbal assaults go viral. Christians are put down relentlessly. Conservatives are constantly called vile, insane, fake names so the attackers' true hate and indecency can quicker become the norm. Daily, men are stripped of their masculinity. Children are taught a variety of explicit sex acts in kindergarten that many adults have never practiced! All in the name of "this is how it is and you will do what we want when we want it and think and do and say things our way or else."

Why can't everyone get along and stop this idiocy? Live your life without infringing on other people.

I doubt it will stop because we have invited monitors everywhere we go, including our homes. Smart TVs. "Look-up" devices that hear and record every word we say. My goodness!

Meanwhile, we have dumbed down our academics to the point where students are forced to learn at the lowest-common denominator and most people think this is fine. "My child gets straight As" is commonly heard. While this may be true, it's also true that the As the children are earning today were little more than Cs when I was in grade school, high school, college, and grad school.

Have you read THE CIRCLE by Dave Eggars? Scary stuff.

Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Bob, I have never heard of the term before but am now educated a bit about it.  I think your depiction of the thought police is amazing, and his expression brings to home how bad this situation is.  Your art work here is a Wow for me! One of your best Bob...  [smile]

I agree with Rita's thoughts about it all and yes, political correctness has gone manic. Gone way too far and so out of order from the original intent.
[smile] Rob.

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #4 
Thought Police is a WOW for me too Bob.  An excellent painting.  I have to agree with Rita's comments as they are so true and also very scary. It is a case of me first in most of these situations and that is just so sad.  However we do have hope for the future and a belief in the Bible will point us in the right direction that is a world full of peace and love and no more wickedness.
Vivienne
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #5 
Excellent this is one of your best. I agree with Rita it is nonsense! and I agree with Vivienne.
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you all for the comments on the art. I'm glad the concept made contact. The picture was done mostly in Painter 2020 which has opened my artwork up a bit. I have also been doing tutorials on YouTube. Some of the best artist tutoring I have ever had is from a guy calling himself borodante. He has a channel called Boro Drawing. A very good artist and a fantastic teacher, extremely intelligent on all things artistic and very funny.

Rita, I haven't read Eggars but I read some reviews on the book and it sounds interesting. Our morality hasn't kept up with our technology and far too many who have kept up with the technology didn't have much morality anyway. American business, the rich and both political parties have turned America into something that is becoming unrecognizable. Based on the president, other politicians, business and the media, what are American values RIGHT NOW?
bd

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.