Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
teddybearcholla

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 192
Reply with quote  #16 
That's it... sheers! 

" ....apart from that it meant less fixing up of the scene."   that's what the undo button is for! [rofl]
0
Robyn

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,408
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybearcholla
That's it... sheers! 

" ....apart from that it meant less fixing up of the scene."   that's what the undo button is for! [rofl]
  [rofl] Trust me Barb.  There have been hundreds and hundreds of undos on most of my pics. I'm so faulty  [rofl][smile] One day I'll make sure of all things before I do the proper final, such as making sure features are aligned etc.  I just get carried away in the moment.  Also some I have lost the original with all the layers and have to work on one layer, that's how disorganised I am.  I will try to get better before I kark it.   [smile]  Robyn

__________________
           let your art flow
  ¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥() ♥♫♪*¸.•’´
0
teddybearcholla

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 192
Reply with quote  #18 
Hey nothing wrong with the undo button, it is a life saver! [biggrin][rofl]  It is also why I love digital art!  You enjoy painting/drawing... that is what it is all about!  *hugs*  But what is "kark"?  [wave]
0
Robyn

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,408
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybearcholla
Hey nothing wrong with the undo button, it is a life saver! [biggrin][rofl]  It is also why I love digital art!  You enjoy painting/drawing... that is what it is all about!  *hugs*  But what is "kark"?  [wave]
  I'm not sure of the origin, but it's kind of short for "kick the bucket'  you know... DIE!  [rofl] 
[wave]and  ((()))  right back at you way over there in the USA i think... [smile]  

__________________
           let your art flow
  ¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥() ♥♫♪*¸.•’´
0
teddybearcholla

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 192
Reply with quote  #20 
aaaahhhh, well that is an interesting word, indeed!  [biggrin]   Yes I am across the big pond!!! [rofl]
0
Robyn

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,408
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybearcholla
aaaahhhh, well that is an interesting word, indeed!  [biggrin]   Yes I am across the big pond!!! [rofl]
  Yes strange word and I can't find it anywhere on the net related to death. We are far away neighbours in reality but much closer in TB.  Thank goodness for TB!!  [biggrin]  Thanks to Ken...

__________________
           let your art flow
  ¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥() ♥♫♪*¸.•’´
0
rldavis

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,548
Reply with quote  #22 
I had to look it up too.

Google says:

"The Cassell's Dictionary of Slang says that "to kark" and "to cark" are Australian terms, coined in the 1970s, meaning "to die". The words are said to be derived from the cawing noise made by the crow, hence an association with carrion and death. Cassells says "to kark it" is frequently heard.Oct 9, 2009"

bd

0
VivienneT

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,427
Reply with quote  #23 
Just to back up Bob's reply.  To "cark it" is very definitely Australian slang and some dictionaries do mention it.  It means to die. You often hear someone say they have carked it meaning they have died. I personally hate the expression. To me it is not showing respect. To those of my TB friend who do not know I live in Australia and I really detest some of the slang expressions used.
Vivienne
0
Robyn

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,408
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
I had to look it up too.

Google says:

"The Cassell's Dictionary of Slang says that "to kark" and "to cark" are Australian terms, coined in the 1970s, meaning "to die". The words are said to be derived from the cawing noise made by the crow, hence an association with carrion and death. Cassells says "to kark it" is frequently heard.Oct 9, 2009"

bd 
Well no wonder I couldn't find it Bob, wrong spelling. Thanks for that.  I looked it up with the correct spelling and they are using it in ways that I never would, as once someone has already died it would not be respecting their state to say such things as "Princess D carked it" as I saw on more than one website. That's revolting to me.  Actually this is the first time I've used it for many many years, maybe since the 70's lol  Rob.

__________________
           let your art flow
  ¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥() ♥♫♪*¸.•’´
0
Robyn

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,408
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
Just to back up Bob's reply.  To "cark it" is very definitely Australian slang and some dictionaries do mention it.  It means to die. You often hear someone say they have carked it meaning they have died. I personally hate the expression. To me it is not showing respect. To those of my TB friend who do not know I live in Australia and I really detest some of the slang expressions used.
Vivienne
  Thanks for the back up Vivienne, and now that I have the spelling right there's plenty about it out there, but not used wisely as I said to Bob.  I have only ever used it in relation to myself as I agree completely about the disrespect towards those who have already died.  Even Mum used the other expression "I'm not ready to kick the bucket yet" about herself as well, but never about others.  Rob.

__________________
           let your art flow
  ¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥() ♥♫♪*¸.•’´
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.