Author   Comment  
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #1 
The Pond.pngI have never really used the tree or foliage brushes to create a piece, so I decided to try. It came out better than I expected. The starfield is a royalty free internet photo.
Thanks for looking.

bd

dave

Reply with quote  #2 
very nice, i like it
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Dave.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
Cool Bob good job
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Don. This one was more fun than most.

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #6 
Excellent work Bob.  I love the tree programme even though I sometime make my own trees. Good on you for trying something different.
Love those dead trees under the beautiful starry night.
Vivienne
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you Vivienne. This came together quickly and not so many redos. I didn't plan well and ended up trying to manage way too many layers though.

bd

Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Bob, 

See you are having a little branch out again.    It is fun experimenting with trees, plants, grasses etc.   Some look a little false but there are some very good ones there - also playing around with the colour works well.
The way you have put this together is most effective.   I really like it.
Cheers Isla 

Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Bob, 
Back again on reading my wee message realized the pun in my comments.   e.g. having a little "branch out" - quite accidental I can assure you.   Gave me a giggle on reading it back after it was posted.
Cheers Isla 
Robyn

Reply with quote  #10 
This is lovely Bob and the reflections look great. I like your lesser use of the tree brush, with me it is total overuse when i have a go with them.  lol.   A simplistic and beautiful scene. [smile] Rob
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #11 
Isla, Rob, thank you. I think the compound brushes sorta feel like cheating. Purity is putting each brush stroke right where intend with the color and value just right. I guess purity is a destination rather than a process.[crazy]

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #12 
I agree Bob, that's how I feel although I have done a few old scenes using them.  There was a member of wetcanvas who had heaps and heaps of autumn leaves all over her scene and she didn't draw a few and then copy and paste them, she drew every single one by hand. That's dedication...  lol   [smile] Rob
Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #13 
Hi Bob,

Re cheating when you use compound brushes = there are many ways of putting your own brushstrokes,  using a number of brushes, burn brushes to bring in shadow lighten brushes to bring up light (both add depth) all sorts of other things like using different colour combinations to alter, photo editing brushes, special effects brushes.    Using two different types of bushes, trees etc.

Have a go and see how you feel.   I appreciate what you mean though.    Sorry to hear about your stress - hope it's just with painting too many details as that is easily fixed.

Cheers Isla 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.