Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
The patched wall.jpg Just having a play with the lathes and the pro artist pen which changes the line from thin to thick as you draw.  ✻✿ ✻ Rob/yn   ♥ 

Suzette

Reply with quote  #2 
You, my dear, should have more fun! This is so delightful to view. I love the, what I perceive as a duck with a pan on its head chuckle... the baubles hanging from the lamp shade, lots to see here (no buffalo..*wink*) Great piece!
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #3 

Cool  I see a pink flamingo a blue one and two yellow in that patch, then what I perceive as a duck with a pan on its head.

Nice job.

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #4 
I like the lathe lamp!

The center block reminds me of a quilt block.

I sometimes use the Pro Artist Pen for signatures. It's a fun pen.

Robyn

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette
You, my dear, should have more fun! This is so delightful to view. I love the, what I perceive as a duck with a pan on its head chuckle... the baubles hanging from the lamp shade, lots to see here (no buffalo..*wink*) Great piece!
    Thank you so much Suzette and I thought you might like it and am so glad that you do!   You can' t see the buffalo???    [bawl][rofl]  ...  hehe  I do have fun with TB  but I just don' t post them, but this one sort of makes a story of its own so thought I'd give it a whirl.   I will try to remember to post some of the better ones.   I also have fun drawing my serious stuff, I feel so happy when I dabble with TB no matter what I draw.  i know you do too.  [smile]  Robyn

PS, yes the duck or whatever he' s pretending to be  haha.. funny lil guy. He' s been eating a lot...  [smile]

Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker

Cool  I see a pink flamingo a blue one and two yellow in that patch, then what I perceive as a duck with a pan on its head.

Nice job.

Why Don, you little copycat you...  [rofl] Yes that little guy who is perceived as a duck with pan on lil head, I just had to draw something with life in it to add to the non life pic. Thanks a heap for your observations and yes I saw the bird but didn't think of flamingo,  and I can see it as a flamingo now. . I did try but came up with a ?mark.  Obviously I must have used a 4 way brush for making the floral "painting" trying to hide the cracked wall. I did most of this some years ago but never posted it. I didn't think anyone would like it, or see the story that I see in it which is impossible I know [tongue].   [smile] Robyn

Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbuggy
I like the lathe lamp!

The center block reminds me of a quilt block.

I sometimes use the Pro Artist Pen for signatures. It's a fun pen.
Thanks very much Rita1 i like the lamp too. It brings that old fashioned feel. The lathes are terrific to work with and even the little fun guy which is being perceived as a duck with a pan on head was made with the lathes in part, especially the pan on his head.  I will just have to use that artist pen some more.  What a neat idea  of yours for a quilt. One could make all sorts of patterns in TB and then copy them into panels in real life.  Not me though, maybe you [thumb] ...  [smile] Rob

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #8 
So, I was looking at this one again. I had to look and think because it is outside your box. I read the comments and checked to see if I could see all those things. I was staring at the patch and saw ducks - no pans - a crow and a distant relative to an elephant and them BANG I saw the duck with the pan on his head next to the lamp.

So I think this is great and not a look that I expected from you. I guess you should post more of your hidden works so we can appreciate them.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
So, I was looking at this one again. I had to look and think because it is outside your box. I read the comments and checked to see if I could see all those things. I was staring at the patch and saw ducks - no pans - a crow and a distant relative to an elephant and them BANG I saw the duck with the pan on his head next to the lamp.

So I think this is great and not a look that I expected from you. I guess you should post more of your hidden works so we can appreciate them.

bd

I have been trying for years to post something that members didn't recognise as my work Bob. Have I managed at last...  lol.   I had to laugh at you trying to see the perceived pan on perceived duck head. Thanks so much for your observations about this and yes it makes one think when someone falls out of their tight squeeze box. Now to find those treasures! I have no idea where they are as they were done years ago and I have changed PCs and laptops since then. Some are in the Ext HD maybe. My filing system is shot I'm afraid. 
I'm now having a hard job looking for your crow and distant relative to an elephant!  [smile]  Rob

Eporedia

Reply with quote  #10 
Ahah! It's like trying to guess what the spots on the tablecloth of the meal might look like! or more poetically, the shape of the clouds!
At the bottom right, I see the little duck with its saucepan on its head and a retro lamp!

Robyn

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eporedia
Ahah! It's like trying to guess what the spots on the tablecloth of the meal might look like! or more poetically, the shape of the clouds!
At the bottom right, I see the little duck with its saucepan on its head and a retro lamp!

hehe  thanks a lot Eporedia.  It's all in the minds of the beholders.  I find that many extra images appear in pattern making, and even more so when using the filters.   Always faces appearing... 
Ah it's called a retro lamp then, thanks for that. I simply called it an old fashioned lamp as I knew no better.  I will look that up and learn more   [smile] Robyn

Eporedia

Reply with quote  #12 
Oh ! many terms can apply to this type of object, try with retro lamps, "belle époque," "art nouveau", with 1920 pendants, "avec pampilles"
Good research and happy Christmas holidays!
Robyn

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eporedia
Oh ! many terms can apply to this type of object, try with retro lamps, "belle époque," "art nouveau", with 1920 pendants, "avec pampilles"
Good research and happy Christmas holidays!

Thanks a lot Eporedia.  I had fun looking at the pictures and seeing the era they came  All very interesting and a lot to read about.  [smile]  Robyn

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.