Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
the day afeared.jpg 
Some people  never want one day to finish and another one to start, and that's because of an inner dread of what the new day will bring. They're far more comfortable staying in the present day especially if it's going well. A consequence of this type of fear is staying up very late, even into the wee hours, hoping to stave off the beginning of their new day. This is the way they are all their lives and is another type of stress to deal with. It seems to be inherited as well as some families have quite a few like that.  Sometimes it is the very shy ones who go through this as facing the new day means facing their fears as a shy person all over again. I haven't met an extrovert who is like this but that doesn't mean that they don't exist of course.  :--))  

rldavis

Reply with quote  #2 
As usual, you express the emotion so well. To resist the passage of time must be ultimately frustrating. I can't wait for what's next.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
As usual, you express the emotion so well. To resist the passage of time must be ultimately frustrating. I can't wait for what's next.

bd
I really love the way you expressed that Bob, To resist the passage of time... how poetic!  I'm not sure if they do feel frustrated with their problem as I think they just slip into the day to day habit and don't even think about it as a problem. You no doubt are right though if someone is trying to stop the problem from happening, and keeps on failing. Thanks for thinking I succeeded.  [smile] Rob

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
Good job  They need to get professional help asap! a lot never seek help it is sad to say.
Robyn

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Good job  They need to get professional help asap! a lot never seek help it is sad to say.
Thanks a lot Don for your thoughts and for thinking I did good.  I don't think there are enough professionals out there to meet the demand though.  They had better start training more to meet a possible onslaught from these ones who are reluctant to seek help. There is another type going on, ie people who don't want to start the next job, so they carry the present one on as long as they can, dragging it out way beyond they need to.  There's something about starting something new with these ones, including my girl's situation.  [smile] Robyn

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #6 
Such  sad situation to be in Robyn. Sadly this is so very true and instead of looking for the help that is out there they hide away more and more using any excuse they can to hide away from the problems.  Your lady is so beautiful with the most gorgeous eyes but such a sad expression. As always you hit the nail on the head.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
Such  sad situation to be in Robyn. Sadly this is so very true and instead of looking for the help that is out there they hide away more and more using any excuse they can to hide away from the problems.  Your lady is so beautiful with the most gorgeous eyes but such a sad expression. As always you hit the nail on the head.
Vivienne
  Thanks very much Vivienne for liking it that much and thinking it fills the bill.. Funnily enough many are quite happy the way they are and don't even think it's much of a problem, even if it occasionally hinders them. They do face the day and go off to work or whatever they have to do and they get through it, many times with no more problems than the next person, then the pattern starts again in the evening.  [smile]  Robyn

spuddy

Reply with quote  #8 
beautiful Robyn
My son has social phobia to the point a few years back wanted to end it all .but he had the sense to ring the crisis team ..the NHS is a wonderful thing. and between us all we got him back on track.He is still ill but has things under control for now
Dave
Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuddy
beautiful Robyn
My son has social phobia to the point a few years back wanted to end it all .but he had the sense to ring the crisis team ..the NHS is a wonderful thing. and between us all we got him back on track.He is still ill but has things under control for now
Dave
Thanks so much Dave. That is very sad re your son, and I have first hand experience in my own family with this type of phobia, and with the extent that it went in your son's life, so I understand.  Thank goodness he got the help needed. It never does leave completely but controlling the levels is really good. It can be scary...  Robyn

VM...OUTTHERE

Reply with quote  #10 
You sure have grown leaps and bounds with your paintings Rob. The shading, the bit of light and her eyes!! love this. I have felt this way many times!! Its easy to get into a depressing rut as we all do from time to time. sometimes I have to force myself up and out and that gets me going again! Some people just cant. They get stuck. Very sad condition indeed.
Robyn

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM...OUTTHERE
You sure have grown leaps and bounds with your paintings Rob. The shading, the bit of light and her eyes!! love this. I have felt this way many times!! Its easy to get into a depressing rut as we all do from time to time. sometimes I have to force myself up and out and that gets me going again! Some people just cant. They get stuck. Very sad condition indeed.
  Thanks so much for loving it and for your thoughts Vicki. Yes indeed, I have and it was a slow journey too!  haha...  I would never have imagined that you would ever feel like this or get too depressed. You have the good sense to force yourself out of it though, that's so good.  Yes, the stuck ones are a different story. I think the negative happenings throughout their lives from childhood upwards can add to the severity of it and it's of no use whatsoever to try to get them to change their attitude, as some have erroneously tried out.  They can do what they Have to do, but otherwise they will hide away. .

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.