Author   Comment  
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #1 
The Cornfield 4.jpg 
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice cornfield. I grew up around them and you nailed it.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice job we buy white sweet corn and it is good.
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #4 
Nice cornfield. I grew up around them and you nailed it.

bd

Thanks Bob appreciate your comment.  We used to grow it in South Africa. My parents 1/2 acre under cultivation with various veges but I do remember the corn - a rather large patch.
Vivienne
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #5 
[QUOTE=Don Decker]Nice job we buy white sweet corn and it is good.
Appreciate your comment Don with many thanks.  In SOuth Africa it was always lovely sweet white corn (known as mealies) and here in Aus I have seen the white but we mainly get the golden. Both really yummy.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
So lovely with all that gold Vivienne, so warm and inviting for sure. Nice job on the growing corn plants. I love eating it raw on the cob, so sweet and tender like that if you get it at the right time , and maybe the right type.  Mainly yellow, but sometimes white.  It's a pity that "they" now use roundup on corn, peas, and wheat crops -  and others crops too. It's a wonder we survive as long as we do.  I don't think your pictured household is going to join that throng though. [smile] Robyn
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
So lovely with all that gold Vivienne, so warm and inviting for sure. Nice job on the growing corn plants. I love eating it raw on the cob, so sweet and tender like that if you get it at the right time , and maybe the right type.  Mainly yellow, but sometimes white.  It's a pity that "they" now use roundup on corn, peas, and wheat crops -  and others crops too. It's a wonder we survive as long as we do.  I don't think your pictured household is going to join that throng though. [smile] Robyn

Thanks for you beautiful comment Robyn. I love corn too and if it is really young and fresh it is really sweet and a delight to the taste buds. Sad about the insecticides and I agree it is a winder we survive.
Vivienne
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.