Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
The apprehensive artist.jpg 
Imagine if you were going to show your art in a public place! Most of us wouldn't probably as we wouldn't think it good enough, and many of us would be right. There are many who do show their art though and I can imagine the feelings and nervousness felt. Would anyone like them, would s/he be ignored, would s/he stand there like a ninny as s/he saw other art and artists being surrounded by viewers etc. So let's just stare off into nothingness and pretend we're not really there  lol. All the best to you TB folk.  ✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•  Robyn

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #2 
Rob, Good work and I like the face angle. It matches your commentary. My view is a little different about showing artworks. I have displayed some at the local county fair and the Washington State Fair. Going to see it displayed was very satisfying to me and I hoped people seeing the work appreciated it but I found that my response was what mattered. Ultimately I do the art for me. Other's approval is just a bonus. I'm probably too self centered.

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #3 
She is beautiful Robyn but you can see her apprehension all, over her face.  Love her artwork. I can relate to her feelings because when I was pianting with traditional oils I had a couple of art shows and the feelings were of apprehension, nerves and a few other things added. Some were framed and other weren't but guess what I made a tidy little sum and all the negative feelings just disappeared. So your girl doesn't have to worry. With a painting loke that she should get a lot of offers. WSell done and so good to see you in the gallery. I miss your beautiful faces.
Vivienne
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
Excellent job you can see it in her face so you get a WOW from me.
Robyn

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLeeDavis
Rob, Good work and I like the face angle. It matches your commentary. My view is a little different about showing artworks. I have displayed some at the local county fair and the Washington State Fair. Going to see it displayed was very satisfying to me and I hoped people seeing the work appreciated it but I found that my response was what mattered. Ultimately I do the art for me. Other's approval is just a bonus. I'm probably too self centered.

bd

Thanks very much for liking her Bob.  No you're not self centred because of your feelings about it. It's a good attitude as it shows confidence in yourself and your work. I've seen artists in buildings standing near their work displayed on the walls, and I saw how popular the work by one artist was compared to another's. I felt sorry for that one.  That's really nice to have your art displayed for others to see and for your satisfaction. Maybe some time in the future that could happen again for you.  Not for me...  haha I'm just a scaredy cat after all. [smile] Rob.

Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
She is beautiful Robyn but you can see her apprehension all, over her face.  Love her artwork. I can relate to her feelings because when I was pianting with traditional oils I had a couple of art shows and the feelings were of apprehension, nerves and a few other things added. Some were framed and other weren't but guess what I made a tidy little sum and all the negative feelings just disappeared. So your girl doesn't have to worry. With a painting loke that she should get a lot of offers. WSell done and so good to see you in the gallery. I miss your beautiful faces.
Vivienne
Thanks so much Vivienne. I'm glad you saw her feelings about it all.  Hehe, maybe your innards were upset as well. I know mine are when something major is to be faced. I did have someone ask me if I sold my work a few times, people on line that is, and I did have a calendar made once. It was quite exciting to see that the printouts looked really, really good even though they were jpegs and the printers said I needed better quality to get a good printout. They were wrong...  [nono] or maybe I was half blind  lol.  That was a great result for your display and I can imagine how you felt, plus the relief. [smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Excellent job you can see it in her face so you get a WOW from me.
Wow, thanks very much for your wow Don. You're so kind.  I'm very glad you can see how she's feeling. [smile] Robyn

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.