Author   Comment  
daniel.wathen.arts

Reply with quote  #1 

I'm having trouble using the Tracing Paper in Paint Studio.

I want to take an imported sketch, and turn it into a tracing layer in order to use it as a guide in my painting.

I can't seem to get it to work.

When I search Help files for Tracing Paper, I only find TwistedBrush Pro Studio's "Set Page as Clone/Tracing Source".

But as you can see below, Paint Studio's menu says, "Set Clipboard as Tracing Source."

Paint Studio page snap.png 

What is the way to use Tracing Paper in Paint Studio to achieve what I am attempting? Am I using it incorrectly?

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Daniel,

For example here is a short video:  https://i.gyazo.com/14b10b7faa4e30be8dbd1187b65be77c.mp4

Basically what ever is in our clipboard at the time of using the menu command "Set Clipboard as Tracing Source" will become your tracing source. After that you can enable and disable the tracing paper with the "T" keyboard shortcut or the "Tracing Paper" menu command. 

Ken
daniel.wathen.arts

Reply with quote  #3 

Thank you, Ken~

I came back here to update this post after discovering what method worked for me.

I already had the sketch on another page, and went to "menu/edit/copy layer" in order to capture it into the computer clipboard, and then went the next steps of "menu/page/set clipboard as tracing source" and then again for "menu/page/tracing paper".

Thanks to your advice, I understand that any image I place in the clipboard can be brought in upon the tracing paper. Thank you.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.