Author   Comment  
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #1 
Quaint.png 
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #2 
This is super Bob. Love the whole pic in such an idyllic setting.  Is that Alpacas on the hill as they are gorgeous. Your cottage in its surrounds is so peaceful too.  What a great place to live. I really love it.
Vivienne
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Vivienne. I wanted to do something in a style like this and settled on this sketch. Those are supposed to be a breed of black legged sheep that are pretty tall rather than the short fluffy kind. The challenge for me on this one was the amount of tedious detail. I far prefer something more spontaneous.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
Bob nice work good detail
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Don. It was both fun and character building.[wink]

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Oh how gorgeous Bob. Idyllic to be sure, and many would want to live there. Love those sheep, very perky looking compared to the usual sheep.  I love your style here and I'm very glad to see that your sheep have a grove of trees to enjoy. Very well done. [smile] Rob
Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi There Bob,

Coming from a country where there are more sheep (and lots of different breeds) than people - I definitely knew they were sheep.    Would be lots more if your painting was set in New Zealand.   Rob will back me up on that I'm sure.
Having said that - it looks good.   Good to see a change of topic and methods from you.   All good.

Cheers Isla 
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #8 
Thank you Rob and Isla. We don't have many sheep here but a few. Here between the suburbs and the woods more people have goats. I was around sheep some growing up. I like them. The are peaceful animals. The goats are a bit more frisky but there is nothing cuter than a baby goat. Isla, there were going to be more sheep but they were the last layer and I was DONE. Too stressed lately.[rolleyes]

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Thank you Vivienne. I wanted to do something in a style like this and settled on this sketch. Those are supposed to be a breed of black legged sheep that are pretty tall rather than the short fluffy kind. The challenge for me on this one was the amount of tedious detail. I far prefer something more spontaneous.

bd

I didn't know there was a breed of long legged sheep and I love all the detail.  Hope you are not under too much stress, it certainly does not show in your work because this is such a peaceful scene.  Keep enduring Bob and try not to let the stress take over.  I know this is easier said than done.
Vivienne
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.