Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
Not a Cloud in His sky.jpg He's happy with his world no matter what.  Just practicing drawing men for a change  lol... Not much different from my usual. but i will post something different at some point. Take care TB folk and I love all of your art and your differences, so unique.  ...  Rob/yn

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #2 
You do excellent work Robyn.
Suzette

Reply with quote  #3 
He's a lucky guy! I think this is the first guy I've seen of yours and he is gorgeous. I think well done [smile]
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #4 
Nice work Rob. Great skin tones.

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #5 
Oh Wow!! What a handsome young man Robyn.  I love his skin color, his hairstyle and those gorgeous brown eyes.  He certainly looks happy with his lot in life.   I guess you have based his colouring on the Maori folk?  Even though the sky is cloudy he is not worried at all. Love this.
Vivienne
steppenwolf

Reply with quote  #6 
Good one, Robyn.
He is away in other skies, surely; One can say it, just looking in his eyes.

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
You do excellent work Robyn.
Thanks so much Don, and so do you. I'm very happy that you think that [smile] Robyn

Robyn

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette
He's a lucky guy! I think this is the first guy I've seen of yours and he is gorgeous. I think well done [smile]
  Yes lucky Suzette and they do exist. Here's another guy teamed with his lady...  http://www.pixarra.com/forum.html?p=post%2Fwhen-troubles-arise-9794921  (and you saw my toony guy after his first date). I'm very glad you think he's gorgeous as I thought he was rather "comely" as well, but then I'm biased  lol  Thanks very much!   [smile]  Robyn

Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Nice work Rob. Great skin tones.

bd

Thanks so much Bob and I'm glad you like it.  He was darker than that but at the end I decided that he may not be well seen so I flashed some light across his skin, with the "Process > photo retouch > add" brush.  [smile]  Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
Oh Wow!! What a handsome young man Robyn.  I love his skin color, his hairstyle and those gorgeous brown eyes.  He certainly looks happy with his lot in life.   I guess you have based his colouring on the Maori folk?  Even though the sky is cloudy he is not worried at all. Love this.
Vivienne
Thanks so much for the love and the wow Vivienne.  I thought he was comely as well, but never sure until someone else says so. 
No not based on Maori colour or looks.  I drew a black shape for the face and then used various colours to tint it and only brown sufficed.  I have done green, purple, red, bright pink, yellow  etc and normal skin colours over the years, so brown was the one that suited this because of the black underneath. You can see the black edging and that's because I couldn't get the brown to cover the black well enough with out causing blur and smudge.  So it's not an outline before I drew him, but an outline after the event.  I don't like drawing outlines before I colour them, so I just make a big patch of colour and then shape it with the wet finger blender.  You probably didn't ask for all that  lol    [smile]  Robyn

Suzette

Reply with quote  #11 
You're so right I was caught up in the eyes of your toony guy that I didn't remember him being a guy. Chuckle... I think the dark underneath the skin tone only helps the shading in this case. [smile] 
Robyn

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppenwolf
Good one, Robyn.
He is away in other skies, surely; One can say it, just looking in his eyes.
Yes he is Duarte, in his thoughts, his dreams and in his heart. Not a care in the world and many are like that, I have met them and I've been one often.  Yes it's in the eyes and the tiny smile adds to it as well. Thanks very much for your thoughts.   
Had a hard job with the whites of the eyes though. For some reason the white was too harsh at various levels, even if a tiny bit, so I ended up leaving it as is, but viewing it on a website is different than on my PC, and now they look too yellow.   Never mind...  too late  lol  [smile]  Robyn

Robyn

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette
You're so right I was caught up in the eyes of your toony guy that I didn't remember him being a guy. Chuckle... I think the dark underneath the skin tone only helps the shading in this case. [smile] 
  Oh that's funny Suzette. Yes not the typical sort of guy for sure.  The dark only shows around the edges. I covered the black completely with solid dark brown and then I used the "process > photo retouch > multiply blend" for every other datkness on the face and throat etc. For the nose shape, the eyes and the eye lashes, the shading to shape the face, everything. It's my mainstay for all of my faces. I never use an 'ordinary' brush for those. Then the lighting is done with the "Process > photo retouch > add" brush. I wonder if there are others who do the same.  [smile]  Robyn

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
Thanks so much for the love and the wow Vivienne.  I thought he was comely as well, but never sure until someone else says so. 
No not based on Maori colour or looks.  I drew a black shape for the face and then used various colours to tint it and only brown sufficed.  I have done green, purple, red, bright pink, yellow  etc and normal skin colours over the years, so brown was the one that suited this because of the black underneath. You can see the black edging and that's because I couldn't get the brown to cover the black well enough with out causing blur and smudge.  So it's not an outline before I drew him, but an outline after the event.  I don't like drawing outlines before I colour them, so I just make a big patch of colour and then shape it with the wet finger blender.  You probably didn't ask for all that  lol    [smile]  Robyn

Always interested in what others do  so thanks ffor filling me in.  I must say wet finger blender is one of my favourites.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT

Always interested in what others do  so thanks ffor filling me in.  I must say wet finger blender is one of my favourites.
Vivienne
Yes, I remember telling you to try it Viv, and I also remember someone 1st telling me to try it out, and I've been using it ever since.  😉

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.