Author   Comment  
methodman

Reply with quote  #1 
Is there a LInseed oil brush.  I saw there were a few glaze brushes but didn't find any lindseed, isn't that what controls the tint.  I am trying to raise some different tints of color.  Doesn't glaze do that?  or is it another processes?  Thanks
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
There is no Linseed oil brush. Do you have an example image of what you would expect this to look like?
methodman

Reply with quote  #3 
Evidently it is a binding agent used to speed up the drying time of layered  up paint.  I have more of an idea now how painters think so maybe it's a viscosity agent.  It's supposed to create shine, glassy things like that.  I'll include some examples this week when I work on Twisted Brush.  Slow over fast rule as it's paraphrased. 
https://www.cassart.co.uk/blog/how-to-oil-painting-mediums.htm
Which you clearly understand all this stuff.  

It that there is so much to learn in several different angles.  Anyways Thanks for all the work you do.

methodman

Reply with quote  #4 
I was looking at linseed as being reflective in some way, which it sounds like it would not be involved in a glazer.  What are the most interesting material brushes present in TB?  Use to create color offsets.  If anyone can extend this conversation.  Thanks.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Trying to achieve a gloss finish isn't not naively supported in TwistedBrush. There are a few tricks but without a true 3D representation of your canvas and a defined light source it is just and effect. However, many of the brushes in TB support a wash effect which i also possible with linseed oil. 
methodman

Reply with quote  #6 
So is glazing really an attempt to make a painting move from a 2D perspective still perspective to a captured moving  3D perspective? It would be nice to choose a monthly Art History artist, and familiarize with interesting Artist's who no one has ever heard of.  TB is fantastic and everyday I learn something new that can be done with it.  There are plenty of things it can do that Corel Painter can't.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.