Author   Comment  
steppenwolf

Reply with quote  #1 
Revisited.Killing me softly.png.png 

Reply with quote  #2 
You certainly put some "posers"out there Duarte.  This is extreme and filled me with horror when I first viewed it and made me think about all the animals killed on someone's behalf, and made me wonder why we go along with it. Looking at your title though I know there's a lot more to this than meets the eye, and this is a domesticated animal, a pet, and I believe we do kill them off earlier than they should die by various means, including diet, lack of exercise and freedom etc. But the sporting kind, the terrible deliberate fighting of dogs and other animals  goes on and on, and people get away with it. Very weak laws about it and weak enforcement of law, and weak punishment in many lands. 
I remember most of the pictures you have posted but can't remember people's comments on scenes such as this. Otherwise I just might have a clue...  As always an excellent piece of art with lots of interest.  [smile]  Robyn

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Beautiful and disturbing.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
Nice work ,It is hot out and the dog has no water? 
spuddy

Reply with quote  #5 
Nice to see the old works again
Dave
steppenwolf

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
You certainly put some "posers"out there Duarte.  This is extreme and filled me with horror when I first viewed it and made me think about all the animals killed on someone's behalf, and made me wonder why we go along with it. Looking at your title though I know there's a lot more to this than meets the eye, and this is a domesticated animal, a pet, and I believe we do kill them off earlier than they should die by various means, including diet, lack of exercise and freedom etc. But the sporting kind, the terrible deliberate fighting of dogs and other animals  goes on and on, and people get away with it. Very weak laws about it and weak enforcement of law, and weak punishment in many lands. 
I remember most of the pictures you have posted but can't remember people's comments on scenes such as this. Otherwise I just might have a clue...  As always an excellent piece of art with lots of interest.  [smile]  Robyn

Thanks, Robyn.
As you said "there's a lot more to this than meets the eye"; think the animal could be any human being and the arrow any action that hurts you in a deep way and the responsible for that action, just watch as nothing was happening. That would be " Killing you softly".

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Beautiful and disturbing.

bd

Thanks, Davis.

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Nice work ,It is hot out and the dog has no water? 

Thanks, Don.
If you look better you'll see  there is no dog at all...

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuddy
Nice to see the old works again
Dave

Thanks, Dave
I've not done much in digital, lately, so I have to use the old ones.

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppenwolf

Thanks, Robyn.
As you said "there's a lot more to this than meets the eye"; think the animal could be any human being and the arrow any action that hurts you in a deep way and the responsible for that action, just watch as nothing was happening. That would be " Killing you softly".
Thanks Duarte..Those types of thoughts raced through my mind as well, about the human hurt, but I didn't put it into words.  lol  It's good to hear your thoughts on it.  [smile] Robyn

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #11 
I was thinking it looks more like a kangaroo then a dog.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.