Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
In charge of her own universe.jpg 

In charge of her own universe...
Times have changed so much over the years haven't they and when it comes to children they have a far greater responsibility in their young lives than we used to have. They're allowed to make far more decisions in their young lives and as a consequence of that by the time they are pre-teen and early teens they are ready to control their lives completely. This may be a good thing in many instances but I've seen very little children laying down the law already, and they seem to get away with it. They use all sorts of ruses to make this happen, and of course they can read their parents like a book.

I think parents are pretty tired out with both parents working and they still have to make sure that the schooling, hobbies, after school activities, housework, cooking, clothing requirements and many other things in life get dealt with, and the easy way out is to allow a child to get their own way even when the parents don't really want it. I know a 6 year old who's ready to rule his world... lol ... But... he is such a capable boy and knows how to deal with most things that come his way even helping his little sister solve problems. He will go far. 

My thoughts come from what I've seen and is not meant as a judgement on anyone at all. To each his own.  Have a great day TB folk.

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #2 
Well, Rob the site is working again. I really like this. Great colors. Very cool background. Wouldn't want to be a kid now or have kids now. Today is scary and tomottow I don't want to think about.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Well, Rob the site is working again. I really like this. Great colors. Very cool background. Wouldn't want to be a kid now or have kids now. Today is scary and tomottow I don't want to think about.

bd

Yes, a relief when we can get back in again.  lol Thank you very much for liking it Bob and I'm glad you do as she's a tad different from my others.  I agree re being a kid today. Many don't have kids for many reasons , but for others the desire to raise a family is too strong to resist. They know there will be problems ahead but figure it can be faced as it comes. Of course we have to keep the humans coming or else we'll become an endangered species.  lol   [smile] Rob

PS.. nice avatar!

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #4 
Rob, thanks on the avatar. I was sketching, exercising my tablet and it developed. I didn't think it would justify a regular post so I shrunk it.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #5 
Nice work and cool looking b g  a lot of kids do rule and get away with it  so maybe a good slap on the butt now and then  that did it for me when I was a kid.
Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Rob, thanks on the avatar. I was sketching, exercising my tablet and it developed. I didn't think it would justify a regular post so I shrunk it.

bd

I noticed it because you didn't have one for some time Bob, which one gets used to,  so when one suddenly appears it's very noticeable.  It's a sketch that can be developed more, and in a setting, when the inspiration grabs you.  [smile] Rob

PS.  You mentioned the BG earlier.  The BG was done  with the gravel frosting brush and then colourised with various colours.  I used one of the smaller ones for her pupils as they suited her determined/stubborn/I'm in control look.   R

Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Nice work and cool looking b g  a lot of kids do rule and get away with it  so maybe a good slap on the butt now and then  that did it for me when I was a kid.
  Thanks a lot Don for your feedback and for liking it.  The BG was done  with the gravel frosting brush and then colourised with various colours.  I used one of the smaller ones for her pupils as they suited her determined/stubborn/I'm in control look. 
Yes, we had a fear of getting a smacking as kids and it sure did help keep us in line, but on occasion my older sisters would throw the twitchy stick away as that stung. My father had the usual razor strop for sharpening his razor, and that was used as a threat, but one naughty sister threw it in the nearby river.  It took quite a while for a new one to appear.  [rofl]  Robyn

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #8 
Rob, actually I've had the same avatar for quite a while. The dude with long hair. It was stale, which is why you didn't notice it. The story goes on. So the guy was just a sketch. I liked it but it wasn't me. So, now I thought I would try to make one that was me. I don't do self portraits but..... I gave it a shot and got one that pretty much looks like me. My Mom and brother said it was close enough. So now, another new one.

bd

Here's a viewable size:

Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Rob, actually I've had the same avatar for quite a while. The dude with long hair. It was stale, which is why you didn't notice it. The story goes on. So the guy was just a sketch. I liked it but it wasn't me. So, now I thought I would try to make one that was me. I don't do self portraits but..... I gave it a shot and got one that pretty much looks like me. My Mom and brother said it was close enough. So now, another new one.

bd

Here's a viewable size:

That is so right Bob! I always noticed your long haired dude.  My mind did a twist  and it was someone else who hasn't got a picture in his avatar's space.  What I did notice when all is said and done were the changes in your avatar.  This one of you  is so neat. I seem to remember another time when you posted a self portrait, way back in the original website I think, or something or other...  so I had an idea of your looks.  Well done and if your family approve then it must be good.  R

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #10 
Love your girl Robyn. Her story is so true and so sad. We had the best life as kids, we knew our place in the family and never dared to argue with our parents or others,  also always showed respect by calling older people Mr, or Mrs or auntie depending how close mums friends were,  Kids today have no real lfe and are totally confused about all soerts of things. I love her eyes.  Internet is back again for how long we don't know.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
Love your girl Robyn. Her story is so true and so sad. We had the best life as kids, we knew our place in the family and never dared to argue with our parents or others,  also always showed respect by calling older people Mr, or Mrs or auntie depending how close mums friends were,  Kids today have no real lfe and are totally confused about all soerts of things. I love her eyes.  Internet is back again for how long we don't know.
Vivienne
Thanks so much Vivienne, and for loving her.  She almost became an Egyption  [biggrin]   Yes for sure we all knew our place and it was so good for us. Today the lack of boundaries leaves a child feeling unsettled and unsafe, as they're not old enough to be set free. If only parents would realise that. I'm not saying all parents and all children are like that as they certainly aren't, but we always hear from the noisy minority don't we, and it makes it seem like everyone's doing whatever the particular thing is.
There's a very young boy who rides a cart on the road in our little street and the adults around here don't seem at all concerned that they just might get run over one of these days, but the other day I turned into the street in my car and he was headed straight for me. I stopped as I was about to turn R into my driveway and waited for him to go onto the footpath, which he did but in such a strange fashion, giving me "looks" at the same time. Once He was well away from my driveway I turned in. Well from that moment on he's been shooting me hard accusative stares.  What did I do wrong?   [rofl]  He's no doubt blaming me for him getting off the road.  He didn't need to get off as he was in front of my car with a bit of distance, and I had indicated R so that he would know where I was going, but he then proceeded to go right across in front of me over to the footpath on the other side of the road and then over my driveway.  So strange.   
Yes I remember all the respect we showed for adults, in class and out of. So good for us.  So good to see your net on again.  [smile]  Rob

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.