Author   Comment  
shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #1 
This was a bear to make. It began with a large string heart and a large string diamond. Each of those was played with separately until I formed a side row of string hearts and a center row of diamonds. The side row of string hearts was duplicated and flipped horizontally. On a lower layer, I added the black design. At that point, I made the solid hearts (the red and white ones are three layers each and the pink ones are two layers each.) After I merged the layers for the master red heart and the layers for the master pink heart, Duplicate, Rotate, Horizontal Flip, Move, and Hard Erase were used over and over throughout the placement process. The spikes through the smaller pink hearts were an afterthought. They sit on a lower layer. The background was filtered twice for texture.

To help position the hearts, I made a vertical and horizontal guideline, each on a separate layer. I moved them around as needed.
RitaHeartsRLS219J.jpg   

Robyn

Reply with quote  #2 
This is awesome Rita and it was great reading about all the work you put into it. I love the pattern lines within the large side hearts and I reckon you subconscious mind egged you into putting the little black line through the small pink hearts because i think it finishes that bit off beautifully.   Well done you on a great design!!    (Just a little aside... the large side hearts, because of the little hearts within them, makes them look a little like cute animals looking towards the centre, thinking of mice and rabbits here  lol).  [smile]  Rob
rldavis

Reply with quote  #3 
I like all of it. That texture in the background really came out nice. Before I read the text, I thought "That must have been a lot of work."

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #4 
Absolutely stunning work Rita. You have put so much work into this and it has paid off. Every aspect is beautiful and I love the whole panel.  Wolf make a beautiful patchwork quilt in all my favourite colours.
Vivienne
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #5 
Cool look It has that 3D look to it nice texture 
shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks so much, Rob. If TBPS had a Nudge tool, I could have saved a ton of angst. [frown]

I don't see the animals. I need to sit back and relax my eyes a bit while staring at it.

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks, Bob. Isn't it funny how you can tell right off that a ton of effort went into an image? It's works like this that make me pine for a Nudge tool.
shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #8 
Aw . . . you're sweet, Vivienne. This would be way too much work for a patchwork quilt at my skill level. Did I tell you that I got into quilted fiber art a few months ago? I'm perfecting (ha!) wall hangings and pillows, for starters.
shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Cool look It has that 3D look to it nice texture 

Thanks a bunch, Don. I'm glad you like it.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.