Author   Comment  
Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #1 
Get That Spider.jpg
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #2 
Your work is always distinct and amazing.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Such neat characters Isla, "magnificent in their ugliness" I read once, and fitting for them. Love the eyeball adangling there  [rofl]    [smile] Rob
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
Cool looking characters  nice job
Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Bob, Rob and Don,

Thanks a heap for looking and your comments.   I am due to do a spooky one.   Next one different.   Are you all still in lockdown like me and Rob?   Looks like it may just be working though.   Keep smiling.

Cheers Isla 
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #6 
Here, south of Seattle, we've been on self imposed lockdown for 3 weeks. It is official now that only needed outings are allowed but it is still voluntary. Too many violators.

bd

Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Bob,

Sounds like we have stricter levels of lockdown than you have there.   We have what is called a Level 4 (highest can go) but also with  National Emergency contingencies, which mean the Police can arrest if necessary anyone not working within the lockdown or self isolation rules.   We can walk and cycle around our home areas.   We are required to keep a 2 metre width away from other people which is being adhered to in the main.   The Police are acting in a friendly and informative way initially with anyone who appears to breaking lockdown rules.   Only essential workers and businesses are open ie Doctors, Pharmacies, Supermarkets.   There have, however, been a couple of idiots who seem to think it funny to break coughing recommendations etc. which has led to the arrest of 2 individuals so far.   But by far most people are thinking of others and working within the Lockdown guidelines.

We are cautiously optimistic - the latest figures today are 50 more cases - the lowest since lockdown and before begun, was 54 yesterday - total cases 1210 approx. 12 in hospital 4 i n critical care and 1 death.  There have been 126 recoveries.   I know, we have a comparatively, to put it mildly figures compared to the horrific figures coming out from other countries - but I think our Prime Minister Jacinda Aderne has acted quickly and concisively on this issue in the right way to prevent the same fate as other countries - including Australia our near neighbour who are not doing well.    Fingers crossed anyway. 

So nice to hear you are from Seattle - my husband and I visited there a number of years ago and loved it.   We were there for the World Softball Tournament.

Good luck in getting through this Covid-19 pandemic in your part of the world.   Keep smiling.

Cheers Isla [smile]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.