Author   Comment  
wesleyfongchong

Reply with quote  #1 
FebruFairy 4 Gnome
Maybe 7th try, Trying to figure out a simpler method to paint than a trillion layers per component .. :\
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Wesley-Fong-Chong-s-Paint-Art-Stuff-505660506449313/photos/?tab=album&album_id=830289533986407

https://www.instagram.com/wezamuntkee/
04 Gnome.jpg
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #2 
Good work.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #3 
Cute work
Robyn

Reply with quote  #4 
A cutie Wesley.  I can imagine that the plaits would take several layers but the rest of the gnome, you would need one layer for each body part and one or two for each part of her outfit. 
The shading/coloured bits  can be done directly onto the skin and clothing etc by using the photo retouch brushes in TB, to lighten or darken. (or the pro colorize brushes which are usually already in the brush menu in the TB paint program.) or by using an ordinary brush directly onto the colour already there and use a blender to ease the different colours into each other.   I should imagine the BG needed more layers, so that's only half a trillion,  lol 
I've done many of my pictures using one layer for the whole lot,  but I also use layers for many others, but never as many as it sounds like you do.  Hope something there is helpful.  [smile]  Robyn

wesleyfongchong

Reply with quote  #5 
@ Robyn
Yeah . twas preddy much a layer per "limb" plus 3 layers per added colour ("I  think its a non commitment thing" ..)
The back ground was one layer (Because I've gotten a little bit used to knowing what to expect from this Drippy Brush <3 ! I love some of these brushes ! <3 😃 😉 ^_^)

I want to get good at painting One Layered or Very Few Layereds, it's a commitment thing 😋 xD lol .. or maybe Expert ish thing ? .. a mix of things .. 😋 .. ^_^
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #6 
Good work Wesley. I love the colours.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyfongchong
@ Robyn
Yeah . twas preddy much a layer per "limb" plus 3 layers per added colour ("I  think its a non commitment thing" ..)
The back ground was one layer (Because I've gotten a little bit used to knowing what to expect from this Drippy Brush <3 ! I love some of these brushes ! <3 😃 😉 ^_^)

I want to get good at painting One Layered or Very Few Layereds, it's a commitment thing 😋 xD lol .. or maybe Expert ish thing ? .. a mix of things .. 😋 .. ^_^
  Experts draw at any level of layers they choose to Wesley. That is not what makes a good picture, but that is only in my own opinion.  The finished product is important of course and if one can't accomplish what they want on one or a few layers, then add more layers. The impact on the viewers is important as is satisfaction for the artists themselves, that they are happy with what they have created. 
If you have made a commitment to yourself to master the "few layers" goal, then that will be a satisfaction for you, so go for it and see how you do.   You will become more expert at whatever you do with practice and more practice, also viewing and observing other peoples work.   Even the very best are improving as they go, it's human nature to keep advancing.  [smile]  Robyn

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #8 
I believe Rob's comment is profound. Your real commitment is to yourself and producing quality artwork. Use every tool as you see fit to that end. In support of that, not to undermine your goal, layers are one of the most powerful tools in digital art. Right behind "undo."[biggrin]

bd

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.