Author   Comment  
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #1 
Fallen in th storm.jpg 
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #2 
Great textures again. Well done but I hate to see the death of magnificent old trees.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice work  I'am with Bob hate to see it too.
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Great textures again. Well done but I hate to see the death of magnificent old trees.

bd

'
Thanks Bob. I also hae to see the majestic trees fall. Sadly we have had some really severe storms in and around Sydney and other parts of Aust and trees have fallen during these storms and crushed cars and damaged houses etc,  The devastation is terrible and sad to see. Also during the fires we have lost so much vegetation and beautiful gums, wattles and other beautiful trees,
Vivienne
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Nice work  I'am with Bob hate to see it too.
'

Thanks Don. See my comment to Bob re the trees.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
I love that stormy looking sky Vivienne.  Your fallen tree looks lonely and sad. I also hate trees falling. I had a very pretty eucalyptus tree by my letterbox at one stage and we had a mini tornado rip through the area. The cats had done a bit of scratching on the trunk and there was a bit of dieback, so I think it was almost ringbarked. Anyway the next thing I knew the neighbour rang and asked if I'd looked out the window lately, and sure enough it was lying in the gutter. (snapped off where the ringbarking was). I was just thankful there were no cars parked there or people out and about.  I was sad for years about that. Down the road though, on the same day another tree had been actually uprooted completely. One thing about fallen branches and trees in the forest though, it makes a wonderful home for all sorts of ferns, lichens etc  and amazing insect and animal life. [smile]  Rob
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
I love that stormy looking sky Vivienne.  Your fallen tree looks lonely and sad. I also hate trees falling. I had a very pretty eucalyptus tree by my letterbox at one stage and we had a mini tornado rip through the area. The cats had done a bit of scratching on the trunk and there was a bit of dieback, so I think it was almost ringbarked. Anyway the next thing I knew the neighbour rang and asked if I'd looked out the window lately, and sure enough it was lying in the gutter. (snapped off where the ringbarking was). I was just thankful there were no cars parked there or people out and about.  I was sad for years about that. Down the road though, on the same day another tree had been actually uprooted completely. One thing about fallen branches and trees in the forest though, it makes a wonderful home for all sorts of ferns, lichens etc  and amazing insect and animal life. [smile]  Rob

Thanks Robyn.  I appreciate your input with many thanks.  Eucalyps seem to snap very easily during storms and strong winds,  Some species have shallow root systems. Sorry about your tree. I agree with fallen trees in the foresgt making beautiful homes for all sorts of beautiful things and also homes for small critters plus snakes.  One had ti be so careful when going to sit on a log.
Vivienne
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.