RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #1 
Civilizations.png 
Suzette

Reply with quote  #2 
[thumb] I like this a lot Robert~
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Suzette. I'm glad you like it. I wanted to do something with those craigy spires like I saw in the movie "The Chronicles of Riddick."

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #4 
I am always impressed with the way you draw these types of scenes Bob. Full of interesting shapes and almost barren. Those craggy bits are really craggy and I like craggy rocks and buildings that have gone craggy over the years of disintegration.  Civilisations from the past are always interesting to read about and think about, and to draw as in your case. I think about all the people who lived and died, and the vastly different ways of life in the various ages and the various countries. It gets me thinking, so well done for making me think these things...  [smile]  Rob
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Rob, thanks for your comment and analysis. My interest in this type of scene is powered by my skepticism about humans solving the challenges that face us. I only know what it is like in America because I've only visited outside the country a few times. American has become a nation of mostly selfish, rude, and ignorant individuals ruled by the worst in every category. If the rest of the world is degrading at the same rate, the world will look like this before I'm out of here. I once felt proud and privileged to be an American. Now it's just where I live.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #6 
Cool job
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you Don.

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #8 
I love what you have done here Bob and I had to read your comments, I totally agree with what you say. I think things are really bad in every country on the earth at the moment. However I have a very firm belief in the Bible and the promises regarding the future for this earth.  God has promised to bring to ruin all those that are ruining the earth, get rid of the wicked and bring paradise conditions back on to the earth which is what He always intended from the very beginning.  Can you imagine living in this beautiful cleansed earth?
Vivienne
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Vivienne. I hope you are right.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Rob, thanks for your comment and analysis. My interest in this type of scene is powered by my skepticism about humans solving the challenges that face us. I only know what it is like in America because I've only visited outside the country a few times. American has become a nation of mostly selfish, rude, and ignorant individuals ruled by the worst in every category. If the rest of the world is degrading at the same rate, the world will look like this before I'm out of here. I once felt proud and privileged to be an American. Now it's just where I live.

bd

Sad Bob. I agree with you about humans solving the problems of the world!  They will not succeed!  They've proven so often and without a doubt that imperfect people can't handle the governing side of things.  They could change so many things for the better, but they don't. The plight of animals, how about some hard and fast rules...  etc. There may come a day when they think they have peace at last but they will be wrong... and yes the rest of the world is degrading as well.  Mind you there is always good there too if one is able to see that. Only our creator can change things and I firmly believe he will in his own due time.   Because of my belief I have no fear about the situation.  Rob

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #11 
That there is good and bad and we get to choose seems to be the whole idea.[smile]

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #12 
So true.  [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.