Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
Captured.jpg 
She's in the same mode as we are, captured by digital art., and staying up until all hours to draw.

Have you ever managed to draw a decent picture on a touch screen or using a touch pad? It's really hard work to my mind, and I set the challenge for myself some years back and did accomplish it, but vowed I'd never do it again. (I did succeed at that, never doing it again I mean.  lol) I used the touch pad on a laptop. I also tried a program that one could draw with a finger on a tablet, but I soon let that one go, not good at all. I'm sure there are many who did succeed though. If I find mine I'll post it.

rldavis

Reply with quote  #2 
Rob, it's great to see your artwork again. She's a cutie. I draw all night, catch some sleep in the morning. I have a large Intuos Pro that just sits here. I get tired of fighting with it. I also have a Microsoft Surface. Same story. My phone would do it - I haven't bothered to try.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Rob, it's great to see your artwork again. She's a cutie. I draw all night, catch some sleep in the morning. I have a large Intuos Pro that just sits here. I get tired of fighting with it. I also have a Microsoft Surface. Same story. My phone would do it - I haven't bothered to try.

bd

Thanks a lot Bob, I thought she was cute too.  Simple enough though.  I managed to draw this (along with a few others that are incomplete) while sickly over a period of months and just forced myself to finish it yesterday. The cold weather didn't help... Spring has arrived though and feeling a good bit better, time to get busy.  However I'm on the PC chair yet again and listening to some neat old songs by Bob segar as I type. The good old singers go on forever. 😉

You must have thousands of drawings by now, not sure how many I have but once I fix my filing system I might be able to assess that. (maybe in a few hundred years [rofl]  ) So what  computer do you draw on.   [smile] Rob

rldavis

Reply with quote  #4 
Rob,

I knew you have been ill. I avoided saying anything because I wasn't confident that you wanted to talk about it. I've been thinking of you and hoping things were improving. My computer - I built it as I have done for years. The specs are - desktop tower - Pentium i5 processor - 1 TB solid state boot drive - 16 Gig RAM - GT340 video card - 2 1 TB disk drives - I have it set-up to easily swap drives for off-system storage. I use a Gigabyte brand main board which has awesome sound so I don't need a dedicated sound card - wireless mouse and keyboard - 27 inch HP monitor - and an large Intuos Pro drawing pad that's plugged in but I never use. When I build a new computer, sometimes I clean off the old one and organize files. Sometimes I don't so...... I have no idea how many drawings I have. I'd say thousands and thousands. I save them all just like my art teachers told me.[smile]

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #5 
Excellent work  staying up all night to do art I do that too lol never did art on a pad  I only have a desktop & video card must have good video card to do some things with PD Howler Dogwaffle
Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Rob,

I knew you have been ill. I avoided saying anything because I wasn't confident that you wanted to talk about it. I've been thinking of you and hoping things were improving. My computer - I built it as I have done for years. The specs are - desktop tower - Pentium i5 processor - 1 TB solid state boot drive - 16 Gig RAM - GT340 video card - 2 1 TB disk drives - I have it set-up to easily swap drives for off-system storage. I use a Gigabyte brand main board which has awesome sound so I don't need a dedicated sound card - wireless mouse and keyboard - 27 inch HP monitor - and an large Intuos Pro drawing pad that's plugged in but I never use. When I build a new computer, sometimes I clean off the old one and organize files. Sometimes I don't so...... I have no idea how many drawings I have. I'd say thousands and thousands. I save them all just like my art teachers told me.[smile]

bd   

lol, I believe in saving everything too Bob.  You're the man, building your own computers. That is so good and of course you can make it exactly how you want it. So many computers are missing something in one way or another.
I'm feeling better and better so things are looking up, but never as I used to be. Thanks for your consideration. [smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Excellent work  staying up all night to do art I do that too lol never did art on a pad  I only have a desktop & video card must have good video card to do some things with PD Howler Dogwaffle

Thanks muchly Don, I'm glad you like it.  You got me going with your last comment to me under your picture.  [rofl]  So you're another night owl... Those other programs you use seem so complicated to me. I always found TB so easy to learn and use. Years back I had a little dabble here and there, artrage and 2 others, but we didn't see eye to eye and I soon discarded them. A lot of people do their art on a pad, but not me. I like a much bigger space.  [smile] Robyn

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #8 
I love your little cutie Robyn.  She is really concentrating on her artwork and its looking good.  I have also tried painting on my tablet and phone  but not very successfully. Gave it up as a bad job and also a waste of time.  I also can sit up late at night working on TB. Maybe you young lady is getting a bit frustrated because I think she might have been pulling her lovely curls out. lol  Great to see your work again.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
I love your little cutie Robyn.  She is really concentrating on her artwork and its looking good.  I have also tried painting on my tablet and phone  but not very successfully. Gave it up as a bad job and also a waste of time.  I also can sit up late at night working on TB. Maybe you young lady is getting a bit frustrated because I think she might have been pulling her lovely curls out. lol  Great to see your work again.
Vivienne

Thanks a lot Vivienne and I'm glad you love her.   I don't believe in making things too hard but some people  do like taking the hardest route they can find.  There are so many of us night owls out there, all keeping watch on the night...  [smile] Had to laugh about the hair.  Bubbles come in handy for all sorts of things.   [rofl]  Robyn

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.