Author   Comment  
sillybilly60

Reply with quote  #1 
study_of_a_baby_raccoon_by_sillybilly60-2013sml.png "Study of a Raccoon"  Painted with ArtRage & TwistedBrushStudio.  Background and "fur" with TB.  The fur was done with Dyna_Bristle brush, set at the lowest setting.  This painting was done 5 yrs. ago.  I noticed the same brush has a different texture, so all I can say is, there goes my fur and hair brush tool lol.  
birdofprey_by_sillybilly60-sml2018.png  "Bird Of Prey", a mixture of using ArtRage 40% and TwistedBrush Pro Studio 60%.  The background I painted and using the Blur>Motion Blurs to give the background effect so that the bird would have a 3D quality in the scene, well I tried [smile] Btw, one can use TB for all the paintings, I sometimes would start a drawing/painting in one software and finish up in another, hence the mix of paint programs.

Suzette

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh my gosh! Both of these are phenomenal. Thank you for sharing your technique as well.
rldavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Syl, both of these are better than most will realize. I live right on the edge of the woods and I have a mother and young raccoon that spend a lot of time here stealing the cat food. I spent some time with them just about 20 minutes ago watching them eat. There are also many eagles and hawks around. You have really captured the essence of these guys. Fantastic work.[smile]

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #4 
These are both such stunning paintings Sylvia.  They are both so natural looking and I take my hat off to you for being so talented.  I love all your work but these really stand out.
Vivienne
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #5 
Excellent work
teddybearcholla

Reply with quote  #6 
Love them both!  Also like the way you mention what software you use!  And I hear you about losing a brush from an older tb.  I wanted to use the first TwistedBrush I bought in 2004. Because it was for "life" I also saved it to cd. I put it on my pc, typed in the key, and poof my tbstudio pro didn't work anymore and the original tb didn't work at all. 

For ARtrage, I have the original free one, Artrage2 and Artrage 4 and 5 , all on my one pc. I can use each one of them, no problems.   

Sorry I got a bit off track, but when Sylvia said about losing a brush, thought I'd mention my experience.
spuddy

Reply with quote  #7 
Stunning work sylvia I esp love the Bird Of Prey you really made it pop
great work dave...never heard of Dyna_bristle brush what set is it in or was it a user contributed one cheers
rldavis

Reply with quote  #8 
Syl, Teddybear and any other, I have all versions (including minor updates) since I started using TB around V16 and a few before that and I might be able to recover your brush - I'll try anyway. I'd need the exact name. As Dave did, I already looked for Dyna and Dyna_bristle and couldn't find it. I learned a while back that if one installs separate versions of TB some of the files overwrite and maybe also some Registry settings and neither will work right.

bd

sillybilly60

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks so much everyone for your comments!  I sure do appreciate them.
To answer a question regarding the Dyna-bristle brush....it's in Art Tools>Bristle Brushes>Dyna Bristle Brush.  There are many to choose from...[smile]
rldavis

Reply with quote  #10 
Well, there they are. I searched several ways and times using the brush search tool. I've never had much luck with that anyway. I don't know how I didn't look there in the first place.[confused] So I'll do some looking around and see if I can find something. I'll update you. Brushes are a big deal to me.

bd

rldavis

Reply with quote  #11 
Syl, I did go back to 16.09 and the code remains the same. I don't have anything older to get the code. I vaguely remember that 2 or 3 years ago Ken made some internal changes that changed some brush actions but that may or may not pertain. Now I'm out of ideas. I saw that Dave started a new thread with some code postings. The Dyna code is the same the other might be something you can use.

bd

sillybilly60

Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you Bob for looking into the matter.  The code is probably the same however the "behavior" is different.  I'm using 19.18 at the moment.  I cannot remember what version I was using in 2014 (it was an older version, I'm sure).  Yes thank you, I noticed Dave created some brush codes, so I shall try them and see what happens.  

Sylvia
teddybearcholla

Reply with quote  #13 
Thank you Bob for pointing that out ... "I learned a while back that if one installs separate versions of TB some of the files overwrite and maybe also some Registry settings and neither will work right." 

I really loved the very first one, and then for awhile after, but now there is so much, too many choices.  When you get older it is not always a pleasure to have a lot of choices! Which is why I love tree studio! [biggrin][wave]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.