Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
spuddy

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #1 
messing about with an old abstract all the lights.jpg 
0
Suzette

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,065
Reply with quote  #2 
This reminds me of Leonid Afremov's style. I'm absolutely fascinated by this. Well done Dave~
0
RobertLeeDavis

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,115
Reply with quote  #3 
A lot going on artistically and an excellent pic.

bd

0
Don Decker

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,751
Reply with quote  #4 
A nice bright colorful Christmas look, Excellent job.
0
Robyn

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,871
Reply with quote  #5 
I absolutely love this Dave and i do remember an old abstract of yours that you used to alter at times, but I remember a lot of blue in them. This is so beautiful, enough to cheer everyone.  [smile] Robyn
__________________
           let your art flow
  ¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥() ♥♫♪*¸.•’´
0
shutterbuggy

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 556
Reply with quote  #6 
I, too, like this a lot, Dave.

The glassy effect reminds me of a "clearer" version of old-fashioned ribbon candy that I see at Christmas. I guess I'm saying your painting looks good enough to eat. [smile]

A++

__________________
Happy painting,
Rita
0
spuddy

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette
This reminds me of Leonid Afremov's style. I'm absolutely fascinated by this. Well done Dave~

thanks suzette and thanks for the leonid Afremov comment i looked him up and I see what you mean
cheers Dave
0
spuddy

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
A lot going on artistically and an excellent pic.

bd


thanks bob
0
spuddy

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
I absolutely love this Dave and i do remember an old abstract of yours that you used to alter at times, but I remember a lot of blue in them. This is so beautiful, enough to cheer everyone.  [smile] Robyn

thanks Robyn yes I did a lot of overpainting and layer styles this time
dave
0
spuddy

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbuggy
I, too, like this a lot, Dave.

The glassy effect reminds me of a "clearer" version of old-fashioned ribbon candy that I see at Christmas. I guess I'm saying your painting looks good enough to eat. [smile]

A++

thanks rita I managed quite a lot of col effects in this one..... eat away
dave
0
teddybearcholla

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 193
Reply with quote  #11 
This reminds me of Leonid Afremov's style, also... but  abstract.   Very beautiful, love all the colors and shapes!!! 
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.