She sits alone with drinks for two,
he's done this twice before.
Never again will I sit here and wait,
never again she swore!
But here again with hopes held high,
she thinks, just once more.
How many times will it take to know,
... that she will never score.

Silly girl, move on now...  I was trying for a looser style here which is much harder for me than a smooth one. Had to grit my teeth lol. In case you can't see it, she's meant to be looking out the cafe window.  lol again. This is really old and never posted. Only did the final touchups a few months back. Hope you like it.  :=))

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #2 
I love this Robyn Poor girl being stood up yet again.  She must be desperate to persevere the way she is.
The sad little smile on her lips and the look in her eyes tells me she hopes that no one else can see her desperation so she is putting on an act to try and fool people that she is quite happy to wait for whoever it is might be running a little late or even in the toilet,lol,
So good you see you back in the gallery. I have missed your work.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
I love this Robyn Poor girl being stood up yet again.  She must be desperate to persevere the way she is.
The sad little smile on her lips and the look in her eyes tells me she hopes that no one else can see her desperation so she is putting on an act to try and fool people that she is quite happy to wait for whoever it is might be running a little late or even in the toilet,lol,
So good you see you back in the gallery. I have missed your work.
Vivienne
Thanks for the welcome Vivienne, I'm feeling quite a bit better at the mo'. It's amazing the difference that makes when it comes to doing even the simplest things. [smile]
yes this poor girl, so in love but blind to the negative evidence as well. I expect some men would go through the same type of things as women do. She has also been patient with me to finish her settings!  [rofl]  [smile]  Rob

RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #4 
Yes Rob, guys go through it too. I think not respecting someone's time is a major issue. Unfortunately, I usually picked gals that shared her guy's habits. Nice work and story. I noticed the looser style.

bd

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #5 
I like the way you framed her, Rob. 

She has that all-too-sad "hesitant" look. Will he come? Will anyone come?

In this day and age of smart phones that are glued to most people, he should have texted his late arrival or no-show.

Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Yes Rob, guys go through it too. I think not respecting someone's time is a major issue. Unfortunately, I usually picked gals that shared her guy's habits. Nice work and story. I noticed the looser style.

bd

Ah good to know Bob, although possibly the emotions kick in in different ways. People have no idea the effect they have on other people's lives by wasting their time, and then they laugh it off as though it is nothing.  If they only knew. My conscience, and I'm sure yours does as well, works much better than that. Thanks for the positive comments on my repititious type of work.  [smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbuggy
I like the way you framed her, Rob. 

She has that all-too-sad "hesitant" look. Will he come? Will anyone come?

In this day and age of smart phones that are glued to most people, he should have texted his late arrival or no-show.
Thanks Rita and so good to see you. Yes, no excuse for cowardice or inconsideration in this instance, for sure. The frame with that plastic look to the oval was completely by accident, and I have no idea how to do it again, although I would probably not want it done again. I'm happy that you read her expression so well.  [smile] Rob

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #8 
Not all bad she has guys looking at her now and I was with her at Twistedbrush she is nice.
Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Not all bad she has guys looking at her now and I was with her at Twistedbrush she is nice.

lol,  Funny...  thanks a lot Don.  I'm glad you approve. Have been wondering if you were alright...  and I don't mean in the head   [rofl]    Robyn  [smile] 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.