Suzette

Reply with quote  #1 
Beaver Lake View 14.jpg 
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #2 
Excellent
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Suzette, you've done a good job with the dark and muted colors that help with a moody feeling and quaintness that all work together.[smile]

bd

spuddy

Reply with quote  #4 
As Rita would say I would like to have lunch here
Dave
Suzette

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Don, Robert and Dave - I truly appreciate the comments.
teddybearcholla

Reply with quote  #6 
Really speaks of a distant memory!!
Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Your scene is lovely Suzette, and  sad too.  The two dimmed chairs speak to me.  I like the llittle touch in the tree, and nice work with those trees BTW!   [smile]  Robyn
Suzette

Reply with quote  #8 
Thank you Teddy and Robyn your comments mean a lot to me.
Jonny Brush

Reply with quote  #9 
Everyone's gone in for the evening with just puss left behind to reflect on the day's events....

Suzette

Reply with quote  #10 
The Calico was still waiting for a bird to show up ...( she was being a hard head) Thank you for your reflection. 
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #11 
Beautiful setting Suzette.  I particularly love the flagstones and what I can see is that maybe a couple had a nice little time together before going inside again, but little kitty is still waiting for maybe the bird to fly out of it cage.
Vivienne
Suzette

Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you so much Vivienne, the story behind the Calico cat is that while standing inside the home, looking out, I spotted the most beautiful calico cat. (of which I wish I had done it justice here) I wondered where she came from, my late husband and I were the only two people who lived on this particular peninsula full time. She was obviously a well cared for domesticated feline.

All of a sudden a bird swooped in for its last snack for the night when I witnesses that cat jump straight up and grab the bird and brought it to 5 baby kittens that were about 4 weeks old. Their mother decided to have them underneath our home. She unfortunately disappeared and never returned my guess was while hunting got snake bit and didn't survive that.

I digress, the Calico continued to bring food to the babies over the next week then she was gone.
It was a miracle.

After that, I had-had enough of their whining in unison under the house that I had to bite the bullet and crawl under (my husband couldn't fit thru the crawl space at that time) I managed to get them out and they all survived and became great lil hunters. 

I obviously never had to worry about mice living there. Never saw the Calico again and the birds were safe again.

In addition, that view netted us some absolutely gorgeous moon over water scenes.
RobertLeeDavis

Reply with quote  #13 
Beautiful story, especially being true.[smile]

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette
Thank you so much Vivienne, the story behind the Calico cat is that while standing inside the home, looking out, I spotted the most beautiful calico cat. (of which I wish I had done it justice here) I wondered where she came from, my late husband and I were the only two people who lived on this particular peninsula full time. She was obviously a well cared for domesticated feline.

All of a sudden a bird swooped in for its last snack for the night when I witnesses that cat jump straight up and grab the bird and brought it to 5 baby kittens that were about 4 weeks old. Their mother decided to have them underneath our home. She unfortunately disappeared and never returned my guess was while hunting got snake bit and didn't survive that.

I digress, the Calico continued to bring food to the babies over the next week then she was gone.
It was a miracle.

After that, I had-had enough of their whining in unison under the house that I had to bite the bullet and crawl under (my husband couldn't fit thru the crawl space at that time) I managed to get them out and they all survived and became great lil hunters. 

I obviously never had to worry about mice living there. Never saw the Calico again and the birds were safe again.

In addition, that view netted us some absolutely gorgeous moon over water scenes.

Thank you Suzette for sharing your beautiful but sad story with me.  Cats are fantastic creatures and we can can learn so much from them.
Vivienne
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.