Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
rldavis

Reply with quote  #1 
I've been working on a few pictures. I gave up on this one first.
Vendor.png

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #2 
Whatever you do Bob DO NOT give up.  This is brilliant. Would I buy his lovely fresh produce? Most definitely.  He has a shy earnest look about him that is so humble looking as though he is trying to be so honest about selling his wares.  Definitely a no.1 in my book
Vivienne
rldavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Vivienne. Funny thing, I was trying to adapt to my Intuos pad and sketched the head. That humble look is what suggested the veg vendor idea. Most of the rest was done with the mouse. I am starting to figure out the pad. I really am looking forward to becoming proficient with it. By giving up I mean I can't figure out what to do next so it must be done.

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Thanks Vivienne. Funny thing, I was trying to adapt to my Intuos pad and sketched the head. That humble look is what suggested the veg vendor idea. Most of the rest was done with the mouse. I am starting to figure out the pad. I really am looking forward to becoming proficient with it. By giving up I mean I can't figure out what to do next so it must be done.

bd

I work with my Wacom pad for a lot of things mainly the finer points but I use the mouse too for a lot of the bigger things like the background.  The old saying is practice makes perfect never fails but at the same time have fun with your pad. You will figure it all out.
Vivienne
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #5 
nice work Bob
rldavis

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks Don.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Wow Bob, what a healthy looking picture.   I love the style of your barrow full of vegies. I always call my faces "picture book style". Is it the same for the barrow? Anyways, your man does look as though he's headed for a hard day at the markets, and it will probably be as hot as, but he looks really cool in that white shirt. All very neatly done. [smile] Rob.
rldavis

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks Rob. I'm not sure what other people call what I do. I call it line and color. Used to be pretty much the only thing I did. Lately I'm doing more without lines. Not sure yet if it's evolution or an abnormality. I don't remember doing anything quite like the veg cart before. A combination of interesting and tedious.[smile]

bd

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Spoken like a true artist. The picture is done when you give on up it. 😉

It is cool, usually easier to appreciate after a couple of days away.
rldavis

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks Ken. I've never been 100% satisfied with anything I've done. Giving up is better than overworking something and I probably need to do it sooner sometimes.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Thanks Rob. I'm not sure what other people call what I do. I call it line and color. Used to be pretty much the only thing I did. Lately I'm doing more without lines. Not sure yet if it's evolution or an abnormality. I don't remember doing anything quite like the veg cart before. A combination of interesting and tedious.[smile]

bd

Your line and colour term is new to me but fitting Bob.   haha evolution fits in this case and I used to outline all of my people until a friend said that people don't have outlines in real life, and so I evolved...  Hmmm, well tedious has to get out of your life somehow, but not by stopping your lovely art style here.  It's all good Bob...  [smile] Rob

rldavis

Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks Rob.

bd

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #13 
What a treat to see your vendor pushing his cart of veggies.

A++

rldavis

Reply with quote  #14 
Thanks Rita. Might be a good place to pick up some lunch.

bd

Val

Reply with quote  #15 
Awesome work.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.