Author   Comment  
Sandra Chung

Reply with quote  #1 
We are so used to seeing seagulls picking up scraps from picnics, or from bin, but these birds are far from human beings, and you can actually watch them fish for their own food.

Colormancer White Balancing, compositional crop. Adobe Compatible Plugin - Define 2 to reduce camera noise.

151A3244.jpg 

Reply with quote  #2 
That is an idyllic photograph Sandra and the diving seagull has a wee audience I see. lol Maybe they all share the one fish.   it's really good to see them doing their own fishing. it's a shame that many birds have been fed the wrong type of foods over the years. Then the birds become pests as they come in for the attack just to get the humans' food. They have started banning feeding them except for what the birds naturally would eat in some places, because of the harm found in some of the birds. The swans, geese and ducks are bigger and their attack to get food can be pretty bad. You lead such a grand outdoor life.  [smile] Robyn
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #3 
Cool work Sandra
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #4 
Another fantastic photo Sandra and I definitely agree with Robyn's comments.
Vivienne
rldavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Pretty cool. I assumed they all survived on our scraps. I'm glad to learn we haven't wrecked the whole species.

bd

Sandra Chung

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
That is an idyllic photograph Sandra and the diving seagull has a wee audience I see. lol Maybe they all share the one fish.   it's really good to see them doing their own fishing. it's a shame that many birds have been fed the wrong type of foods over the years. Then the birds become pests as they come in for the attack just to get the humans' food. They have started banning feeding them except for what the birds naturally would eat in some places, because of the harm found in some of the birds. The swans, geese and ducks are bigger and their attack to get food can be pretty bad. You lead such a grand outdoor life.  [smile] Robyn

All the gulls were taking turns hovering and then diving into the water. No sharing. [smile]

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Pretty cool. I assumed they all survived on our scraps. I'm glad to learn we haven't wrecked the whole species.

bd

Like pigeons, Gulls adapt to human habitations, but as I typed, there are no picnics, beach goers, or cafes along this coast. Was wonderful to see them behaving as they should.

*S*

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
Nice!
Val

Reply with quote  #9 
Very nice.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.