Author   Comment  
rldavis

Reply with quote  #1 
Rough Water.png
This started out as a test page for a brush to simulate ocean waves. It started to grow on me so I kept going. I'm not thrilled with the brush yet but it's getting close.

bd

Suzette

Reply with quote  #2 
Really nice Robert, I definitely get the sense of a rough sea. The detail with as always amazing. [thumb]
rldavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Suzette. Funny really, I was working on the wave brush to provide better spontaneity and I got zeroed in on the details again.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
It looks good Bob
rldavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Don.

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #6 
I like this a lot Bob. You are doing well to get the waves looking so rough.  I actually love being on a rough sea so your painting really appeals to me.  When I left South Africa nearly 50 years ago, the ship I was on had no stabilisers and during a storm we were blown off course and ended up in the roaring forties.  What should have been a 10 day trip took nearly 3 weeks and I loved every minute of it.  I was probably the only person apart from the capt and his staff that didn't get sea sick.   A tiny bit of my life story.
Vivienne
rldavis

Reply with quote  #7 
Vivienne, thank you. I'm glad you like it. Myself, not a great fan of the bounding main. I'd just like to paint it.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #8 
You did so well with the brush Bob, and I like unusual waves and yours certainly are.  The sea can actually look very similar to what you have drawn with the fluctuation of colour and those little bits of white foamy bits. 
What would happen in this sort of rough weather if your boy/man put the mast up.  Since he didn't roll it up and he has a white flag flying...  He's surrendering to the power of the waves?  I just love the sea and the rougher the better. [smile] Rob

rldavis

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Rob. I think my waves are a little too 'active.' I'll work on it. My story is: The sailor is tolerating nature. About all one can do. His kicker motor in the back is moving him along. He's not sure yet when the sail goes back up. Surrender!?? He's a guy. [wink]

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #10 
[rofl]  haha  that's funny Bob. [rofl]  Rob.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.