Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Praveen

Reply with quote  #1 

Hello. I am trying to use TwistedBrush Pro Studio (v24.04) on a Surface Pro tablet. I am having an issue where the initial part of the stroke is not registering.

Please see this video for a demonstration: https://d.pr/v/Rg4tFm

Do you have any suggestions?

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Praveen, the link you supplied is not valid. You can try to enable Tablet Compatibility mode in Preferences to see if that helps. If you can correct the link for the video or include a screenshot that could be helpful.

Ken
Praveen

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Ken,

I tried different combinations of checking and un-checking "Enable Tablet" and "Tablet Compatibility Mode" in Preferences, but nothing has helped. In fact, checking the "Tablet Compatibility Mode" seems to make the problem worse.

In the attached video, I attempt to draw horizontal lines starting at the vertical line. But as you can see, the 1st part of the horizontal lines don't start on top of the vertical line as they should.

Video: mp4 Pixarra Studio issue on Surface Pro.mp4     

Praveen

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Praveen,

Thanks for adding the video link. It is possible it is the brush you are using. Can you try the Pro Pixel Pen brush that is in the Art Pro - Natural Media (2015) ArtSet to see if that brush has the same problem.

Some brushes have stroke smoothing and depending on the brush configuration is be be rather slight or rather aggressive. The Pro Pixel Pen brush has no stroke smoothing.

Thanks,
Ken
Praveen

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Ken,

I just tried using the Pro Pixel Pen brush in the Art Pro - Natural Media (2015) ArtSet. Unfortunately, it has the same problem.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Praveen
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
I took another look at your video and I do notice that the Stylus box is not visible which does mean that there are no WinTab drivers installed. TwistedBrush (like many graphic programs) use the WinTab drivers from Wacom. 

I have not tried this but based on a quick web search it looks like it may be possible to get WinTab drivers installed on your Surface to make it function like a drawing tablet.

This search may give you the information you need.

https://www.google.com/search?q=surface+pro+wintab&oq=surface+pro+wintab&aqs=chrome..69i57.3175j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Ken
Praveen

Reply with quote  #7 
Ken, I installed the WinTab drivers. The Stylus box is now visible. The issue seems to have improved, however it still persists.

Please see this screenshot:  Surface Pro with Wintab drivers installed.png 

I again tried different combinations of checking and un-checking "Enable Tablet" and "Tablet Compatibility Mode" in Preferences, but once again, checking the "Tablet Compatibility Mode" seems to make the problem worse.

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Praveen,

This is not expected. Here is what I expect to see:

https://i.gyazo.com/3c0b6d0e72a1b95403b171f8b8b78e00.mp4

I can list a few random things to try, not sure if they will help:
- Select Reset All from the File menu in TwistedBrush.
- Check if some other programs have such issues. 
- If you just tap screen with this brush do you get a dab? and at the correct location?
- Can you try with a mouse? (assuming you can use a mouse with Surface Pro)
- What Surface Pro version do you have?
- Make sure your Surface Pro Windows version is up to date
- Make sure your Surface Pro drivers are up to date.

Ken

Praveen

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Ken,

Quote:
Select Reset All from the File menu in TwistedBrush.

This didn't make a difference.

Quote:
Check if some other programs have such issues. 

I don't have this issue with Autodesk SketchBook, Clip Studio Paint or MS Paint.

Quote:
If you just tap screen with this brush do you get a dab? and at the correct location?

No dab. Just a little feedback indicator (like a small, circular wave moving away from the point of contact of the pen) when the screen is tapped with the surface pen. However, in the other programs I tried, I do get a dab at the correct location.

Quote:
Can you try with a mouse?

I tried using the trackpad on the detachable Surface keyboard. This issue is not present using the trackpad.

Quote:
What Surface Pro version do you have?

I have Surface Pro 4.

Quote:
Make sure your Surface Pro Windows version is up to date
Make sure your Surface Pro drivers are up to date

Yes, they are both up to date.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #10 
For purposes of testing, there might be a way to turn off the Windows Ink system. Perhaps that is leading to some incompatibilities with WinTab.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #11 
I have a low cost Windows 10 tablet by NuVision and I see that it is exhibiting the same behavior. Have to do some updates on this tablet (both Windows 10 and Pro Studio) but will investigate this further over the next few days.

Ken
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Praveen, 

I figured out the issue. In short TwistedBrush will need an update to support a special Windows feature for tablet PC input to get this working well. 

We were planning on a maintenance update within the next week or two so we will try to get this feature in as well. 

Ken
Praveen

Reply with quote  #13 
Glad to hear you figured out the issue, Ken!

I look forward to the update.
Praveen

Reply with quote  #14 
Ken—I forgot to mention that Pixarra Studio Bundle apps also have this issue.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #15 
Version 24.05 (soon to be released) has some changes that may help this behavior. For example if I disable the drawing tablet inside the Preferences for TwistedBrush and still use the drawing tablet the stroke now has a predictable starting position.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.