Author   Comment  
namwob

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Ken
I think the new (v24.04) default/template thing is a good addition.  Looks like its probably an oversight to not be using it for the Set Page Size To Default menu option.
Steve
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Steve, 

Setting a page size, even to a default size, is a bit different than starting with a new page which may use a template. I would like to keep that functionality separate.

Thanks,
Ken 
namwob

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Ken
The TwistedBrush default page size on my system is 800x600. Is that a fixed, hard-coded thing? If so, I feel a feature request coming on[smile]
Steve
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Steve, 

Yes the default page size is fixed. There have been some requests in the past to allow users to store their own page sizes or perhaps default page size. Sure, go for it, enter the formal request in the request section or I can move this entire post there, I guess would be easier. Let me know.

Ken
namwob

Reply with quote  #5 
ok Ken, I'll put in a feature request.
Thanks
Steve
namwob

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Ken
I've just taken a closer look at the new functionality within Page Explorer. If you select and open an empty page (which is the way I generally start up a new picture) the template page is used. I see that the template size is also used when simply navigating to an empty page from the main window. That's exactly what I need. Thanks for that. So I wont bother to put in a feature request for this. 
Thanks
Steve
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Steve, 

Yes, when moving to a new page it uses the current page as a basis for the size of the new page. 

Thanks for the update. I will close this request now.

Ken
namwob

Reply with quote  #8 
Ken,
I've just retested what happens when you move to a new page within the main window. The template size is now used to define the page size of the new page, which I assume is what is intended and makes perfect sense. Previously (v24.03 and earlier), the current page was used. I haven't checked to see whether the old functionality still operates if there is no template - I'm assuming it probably does and that would make sense as well.
I'm just stating this again for clarification as your previous post doesn't quite fit with what I'm seeing. 
Steve

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Steve,

Thank you for the further clarification. You are right, the template is used when navigating to a new page. 

Ken
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.