Author   Comment  
stickynoteme

Reply with quote  #1 
Every time I come back to TwistedBrush from using another program for awhile be it Painting, Photo, Vector, 3D and many more the thing that trips me up the most right out of the gate is the lack of industry standard zoom keys:

Ctrl + Space = Zoom in
Alt + Space = Zoom out

Besides being out of sync with the rest of the world. The +/- Keys are also in a very unhandy location on the keyboard, regardless of if you are left or right handed you can use Ctrl/Alt + Space where as +/- really only works well for the left handed user.

Ctrl + Drag to zoom is also extremely common, but only in programs that support smooth zooming.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hmm, I tried a number of art programs I had handy and none of them appeared to support Ctrl + Space or Alt + Space. 

Do you have some information or study that looked at a wide sampling of programs.

- + were chosen because they appeared to be the most standard.

Keep in mind, the mouse wheel also zooms as well as the Quick Command buttons and menu bar.

Waiting for more information and user feedback on this request.

Thanks,
Ken
stickynoteme

Reply with quote  #3 
On my system that I have handy that use Ctrl/alt+Space or Ctrl/alt+Space Drag for zoom

- Most all Adobe products. (Photoshop, Illustrator...etc)
- Hexels
- Piskel
- CLIP STUDIO Paint
- Illustudio
- PaintTool SAI
- Paint Storm
- Affinity Photo & Design
- Krita
- Autodesk Sketchbook Pro
- ArtRage

At least those are the art programs I have handy, when it comes to other programs like 3D programs, media editors...etc I could spend the day making a rather huge list. It's probably the most common keyboard shortcut I use outside of Ctrl+Z. XD

But the big thing is Ctrl+Space and Alt+Space don't do anything in Twittered brush as is anyway and it is a very common shortcut combo.  Ideally it would be Ctrl+Space+Drag since that's really the nicest of the zoom systems for about any work.

When using a stylus you don't have quick access to a mouse wheel normally.

Quick command dose work, but it seems rather tedious when you have another hand just sitting on the left side of they keyboard waiting to do something.

Normally I use Twisted Brush on a tablet PC so I don't notice it often, since I have to use the quick command for everything. But the rare occasions I use Twisted Brush on my desktop it's very noticeable.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Alt + Space is used by Windows.  See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

However for v24 the following will be available.

* Added - Hot-key Ctrl + Spacebar to zoom in added.
* Added - Hot-key Shift + Spacebar to zoom out added.

Thanks,
Ken
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.