Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
SPECKLES ON GIRL PIC.jpg 

These speckles appeared on my picture some time ago and I can't see them on any layer to eliminate them. Is anyone familiar with them?  I think it may be some sort of page design and I can't figure anything out about it.  You can see that they aren't in the page view as shown. Appreciate any help at all... Thanks, Rob/yn

Larry2

Reply with quote  #2 
Never seen this before,but it looks like a "mask" have you tried going to "Mask" on your top of the toolbar and clear mask?
Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks so much for your help Larry. As soon as I saw your word "mask'I knew it had to be that. It's a very long time since I opened this particular picture. Couldn't see a "clear mask' in the tool bar in this particular TB version, but eventually after trying to clear the mask using the 'clear mask' in the mask list, I eventually found the layer that it worked on. Funny that the layers at the L side of pic didn't show the speckles. But all is good now and thanks again. Much appreciated.   [smile] Robyn
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Robyn,

Regular masks are not specific to a layer, therefore clearing it should have worked regardless of the layer currently selected. So this is a bit strange. Let us know if it happens again.

Thanks,
Ken
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Actually, perhaps the mask layer, paper layer or scratch layer was selected. That might explain it.

Ken
Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarlino
Hi Robyn,

Regular masks are not specific to a layer, therefore clearing it should have worked regardless of the layer currently selected. So this is a bit strange. Let us know if it happens again.

Actually, perhaps the mask layer, paper layer or scratch layer was selected. That might explain it.

Thanks,
Ken

This is all that's in this particular version of TB Ken.  Magic wand, lasso, polygon, ellipse and rectangle. see pic... no sign of the clear mask tool. I have had that in the past. I don't know what version this is. I've had it for years...

MASKS IN TOOL BAR.jpg 
Also, yes the little box popped up with scratch layer details, so I was on that layer. 

I seem to remember somewhere along the line that there is a new way to make the "clear mask'happen ?

As it was I went to the brushes and used one of those clear mask brushes, that's why I had to find the layer that the mask was on.

MWSnap087 2018-08-13, 08_35_48.jpg 

Thanks for your attention.    [smile] Rob.

Larry2

Reply with quote  #7 
My bad  Robyn,I should have said "above the tool bar" sorry for the confusion on that.

Robyn

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2
My bad  Robyn,I should have said "above the tool bar" sorry for the confusion on that.

Not too far out in your original words Larry.  Quote... on your top of the toolbar and clear mask?  Unquote.  Just the word "your" was unnecessary.  I should have been able to puzzle that sentence out and can see it clearly now that you have pointed it out. Now I see where the clear mask is too, so thanks a lot for that and for the apology. You are forgiven that tiny mistake  lol  It's all good for learning.  [smile] Robyn

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.