Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Quasihedron

Reply with quote  #1 

I find that automatically using pure white and black for shading my brush strokes creates starkly shaded painting. For instances, I particularly would like to use a sunny color for highlights and a deep purplish for the shadows, depending on the color key of the painting. They would allow us to paint with as many as 6 colors simultaneously (highlight, 4 colors from Color Adjust panel, and shadow. That is a very powerful feature. 

Thank
Quasihedron

Pixarra-TBStudioPro-Highlight-Shadow-Feature-Request-01.jpg 

Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Quasihedron,
I myself must admit am not that big on Black Shading or Shadowing.
As for White I yet to find a Brush Effect whit that Quality.?
And as much as I would like to set the Color of 3D, Shadowing.
Each as its own Color.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sound much like a Computer Programers Nightmare.
Quasihedron

Reply with quote  #3 

I am a programmer with a 30 year career. Setting the color value is not difficult. It is stored as a data element, a numeric variable, likely using current standards which recommend using its "variable name", likely "WHITE" or something similar, not its hexadecimal value of "0X000000", when the brush color is set. It seems like a relatively minor change if shortcuts are not taken when writing the original program code.

If the code is spaghettified, then any change is a nightmare. The organization of the dialog boxes and panels within TwistedBrush indicates the code isd likely well organized and such a change would not be overly consequential. 

I hope this helps.
Quasihedron

Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Quasihedron,
Programer or Not. Your Reply differs from what your request was.
For 6 colors simultaneously (highlight, 4 colors from Color Adjust panel, and shadow.
That is a very powerful feature. Highlight of choice? Shadow not being black!
Perhaps Ken will drop in his thoughts.
rldavis

Reply with quote  #5 
I think it's a great suggestion.

bd

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
I am thinking about it. Of course the usage of colors other than black and white for shading is easy in terms of applying the color. The area of consideration is how to make it usage/selectable. Adding additional colors to the 4 primary colors becomes a bigger change because that is an update to the interface etc. 

Ken

Quasihedron

Reply with quote  #7 

By allowing different colors for each of the 3D highlight and shadow colors, and using the "Color1to1" Brush Effect, one is painting with 6 colors on the brush and all simultaneously. I am attaching an example where I used several of the "Combo Palettes" and the "3D Abs" Brush Effect. When one is painting glass like objects, the shadow color is often a lighter color to illustrate the caustic lighting effects. This is a real physical reason to allow such. 

I certainly do not want to make the interface to become even more complex. Is there a way to add these parameters to the "Brush Modifiers" dialog panel as an entry in the "Colors" of the "Select Brush" dialog panel? I hope that would not be too convoluted to program.

QH-20180427-TB-Bk31-Pg44-v001.jpg 
Thanx,
Quasihedron

Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi here's one way I've found to create a Eight Color Brush

http://www.pixarra.com/forum.html?p=post%2F8-color-brush-9723608%3Fpid%3D1304033372

It take a bit of experimenting whit the Draw Past Function also most all the 3D an Highlights Effects
will relay the same Effect as Draw Past. I have other Brushes whit that effect built into them.
They also have a Opacity Effect to reduce the Opacity of the overlying effect.
If you want I could post a few for all. Just let Me Know.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Is the request to allow selecting a shadow and highlight color for 3d brushes or to allow more than four colors? I view these as separate requests.
For now I'm thinking of allowing selection of the highlight and shadow from the four selectable colors.
Quasihedron

Reply with quote  #10 

Ken, 

If I had to cut to the chase, I just want to specify the colors to be used for the 3D effect, so they are different than white and black. 

I have experimented with several programs that have brush engines, such as Painter and Krita. So far, this is the best one I have encountered. 😃

Thanx.

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #11 
Here is what to expect in v24

[f8592e84d75502b43213be290f5bff12] 
Thanks,
Ken
Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #12 
Ken,
Those Look quite impressive without a doubt a Valuable Asset.
These two new Effects will add to the 3D, an Highlights.    
Quasihedron

Reply with quote  #13 
What happens when one of the Color1to1 or Color1to4, etc. Brush Effect is added to list?

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasihedron
What happens when one of the Color1to1 or Color1to4, etc. Brush Effect is added to list?

In that case the highlight and shadow colors will also be used as the primary color. These effects aren't looking at each other and they all pull from the same 4 colors. 

Perhaps one day the 4 color bank will be increased to a larger number of colors.

Ken
Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #15 
Hi Ken,
I not quite understanding your last post here.
And assume you have yet to finalizes these two new Effects.
I made a Pen with 1-4 Color Effect added.
So will the Value you showed in your screenshot.
Be changing the Colors or the Intensity of Effect.
Mixing the 4 colors I show would make a Mud Color.
Or would the Highlight,Shadow Color be the Color Hilighted
in the 4 color bar regardless of it being a 1 Color Brush
To a mufti colored brush?/?.... Hilites.jpg 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.