Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
therealyez

Reply with quote  #1 
How come I experience latency on some brushes (not all though)?
It's almost impossible to work with brushes that are delayed. Can it be fixed through brush settings or does it need to be fixed by devs? 
Example: https://youtu.be/nVuC6R-LgNU
Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Therealyez,
It's best to post the brush in question.
In doing so it's possible to find a solution.
I watched the video only saw that they changed brushes?
therealyez

Reply with quote  #3 
I think you forgot to look at the pointer position 😉 The last two had no delay
Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Therealyez,
I thought your question was is there a way to speed up
a slow brush by settings or does it need to be fixed by devs?
I don't know what you mean by devs?
The solution to a faster brush in video.
Was to choose a another brush. Not fixing the one in question
Your brush in question could possibly be fixed.
But you would have to present in order to answer that.
As it could be sear size or some other aspect.  
therealyez

Reply with quote  #5 
I can't figure out why you respond to this question when you obvious don't understand what it's all about I mentioned latency which is another way to express delay that I also mentioned The brush delay are on several different brushes (as shown and why shown in the video) so it makes no sense to mention a single brush Devs means developers
I hope that someone with a little better sense of what's going on and preferable from pixarra can pick this issue up Thanks
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
therealyez, Your response was rather rude to Lorenzo, who was just trying to help.  In fact I will have the same question. Please tell me the name of the brush that you are having a problem with so that I can take a look at it. 

Thanks,
Ken
rldavis

Reply with quote  #7 
I hate to evoke the ire of someone who came seeking help, but I gotta be me. Seems like Lorenzo tried to help and somehow that offended you and Ken tried to help and was ignored. Here's my two cents worth that you can spend however you wish. I was able to see all the brushes and settings you are using and I tried what you demonstrated in the Youtube video. No latency at all. I think you can solve the problem with a faster computer. Settings and devs aren't going to help.

bd
[wink]
therealyez

Reply with quote  #8 
@#6
Hi Ken

I'm sorry if it came out rude (also to Lorenzo), it wasn't the intention. I've looked into it.
As for answer @#6 and #7...

I didn't mention brushes because it happens with many different brushes. 

I found out that it might have something to do with Chrome browser. It only rarely happens if Chrome browser isn't running. Unfortunately it still only seem to be occurring  periodically.

last time I tested it was all working fine with everything running in the background on my PC.
Except from one brush, that often got latency/delay 'Pro Pencil Graphite'. This brush are not only having the problem with the position of the pointer and where it actually draws. It's also 'hanging' when making long lines. 
I will do some more tests and get back to you with names on more brushes.

I've had TwistedBrush for a long time and experienced this issue all along. I went to this forum with my question because I was wondering what was going on. I wouldn't do it if I had any doubt that the issue was related to my hardware.

This is not an issue with my computer. I use this computer for work also (I work as QA in software development and a smooth running PC is important. I also work as game server moderator and got many browser tabs open, video recording software, voice communication, game and other tools and have no problems whatsoever with my computer on daily basis)

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Therealyez,

It's very possible it's related to memory. Chrome as well as Firefox can both consume a lot of memory when left to run for long periods of times after browsing many sites. 

I took a look at Pro Pencil Graphite and I don't see anything there that should cause any problems. I can't explain why that brush causes you any special problems. 

It's possible for that one brush something became corrupt. You could try to re-install to see if that makes a different. 

What version of TwistedBrush are you using?

therealyez

Reply with quote  #10 
I've got V. 19.18
It was re-installed recently but the issue has always been there even on a fresh windows install.
therealyez

Reply with quote  #11 
Are there reasons to believe that Pro Pencils Graphite is more memory consuming than other brushes? Because if I compare with other brushes this one kind of stands out with that specific issue
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #12 
That brush should use no extra memory. Can you export the brush code and paste it here. Just to confirm what we are working with (in case it got alternated some how).
therealyez

Reply with quote  #13 
Here we go:

** START BRUSH CODE
Pencils
Graphite pencil 2
Once,combo,9,9
Cor Dab Soft[1]Edge Softness[2]0[3]100[4],combo,5,1
pEmit Rnd,combo,0,0
pMove Smooth[1]Tightness[2]0[3]100[4],combo,6,5
pSpd,combo,0,0
pRegress,flat,0,0
pRend LinSA,combo,9,9
No effect,combo,9,9
No effect,combo,5,0
No effect,combo,2,9
No effect,combo,0,6
No effect,flat,0,0
No effect,flat,0,0
No effect,flat,0,0
No effect,flat,0,0
No effect,flat,0,0
Pro Pencils Graphite
** END BRUSH CODE

therealyez

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Ken
Here's another example of my experience with that specific brush (Pro Pencils Graphite) which always happen regardless of what else is open or running in the background. I'm pretty sure that it's not related to my PC's memory or anything on my side. This example is made with newly updated Windows and after a fresh restart.

The more speed on my drawing the more latency/delay/hang ...or whatever it's called 😉
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks for sharing the brush. What you posted is an invalid or broken brush. Have you tried to re-select the brush from the ArtSet?

Here is the correct brush:

Code:

** START BRUSH CODE
Pencils
Graphite pencil 2
Cor Dab Soft[1]Edge Softness[2]0[3]100[4],combo,5,1
Once,combo,9,9
pEmit Rnd,combo,0,0
pMove Smooth[1]Tightness[2]0[3]100[4],combo,6,5
pSpd,combo,0,0
pRegress,flat,0,0
pRend LinSA,combo,9,9
No effect,combo,9,9
No effect,combo,5,0
No effect,combo,2,9
No effect,combo,0,6
No effect,flat,0,0
No effect,flat,0,0
No effect,flat,0,0
No effect,flat,0,0
No effect,flat,0,0
Pro Pencils Graphite
** END BRUSH CODE

With the brush code you pasted there is a new particle being created on each dab so it got slower and slower as the stroke continued.  Basically the "Once" brush effect was out of place.

Ken

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.