Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
marion

Reply with quote  #1 
In the past i made some custom brushes for flowerpainting. There was a brush control panel where i had an option for dropyness and so on but i cant find that anymore. All my custom brushes have ofcourse vanished with the install of the latest TB. And i noticed that if you save a preset and name it it not saved with that name but with the original brushname, why is that. Its much easier to search for the name i gave the new brush.....
Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Marion,
I assume your Books came back?
What version of windows, XP,Vista,7,10
I also assume you've made your own ARTSETS.

So try this first Open Edit Artset. To see if there anything in User Created section
It will most likely be empty. Check each category.Artsets.jpg 
This should be quick an simple to do whit out the need to go into the Program Files.
Should you find your ARTSETS this way. I can show you quick an simple way to resolve that.
I've had this happen once myself.

marion

Reply with quote  #3 
No Ken, no books came back. Im on W10 home 64.I see user contributions but no user created or download. Such a pity my brushses disappeared, took quite a lot of time to create them.
marion

Reply with quote  #4 
I made some presets today. Now i can load them from the list propresets but not from the brush control panel where load and save presets live.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Marion,

I'm not following this description. This sounds like  you are talking about more than one issue, which makes it hard to pinpoint what might be the problem. Please separate the issue and add a screenshot if possible to help describe the problem. 

Ken
marion

Reply with quote  #6 
Good morning Ken,
Here are 2 screenshots, hope that helps. Sometimes so difficult to explain something specially if its not your native language hahaha... The name i gave the presets do show up but only after opening it in the pro proset list on the left. It would be easier to search if they had my name there.I tried removing original name and type my preset name but the original name shows up in the list on the left.
Marion

Attached Images
png cant load preset from here.png (686.55 KB, 6 views)
png have to open from here.png (733.59 KB, 6 views)

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Marion, 

Thanks for the screenshots. When are say Preset are you referring to a brush or an ArtSet?

The Pro Leaf 1 shown in the brush shortcuts panels doesn't appear to be in your ArtSet. Or perhaps I am still missing your point, sorry.

Ken
marion

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Ken,
I thought the space that opens on the right where all these leaves are showing now was called the artset? When i made these presets i opened a original brush, messed around with the settings in brushcontrol, saved the preset in the brushcontrol and a window opened where i could name it and than clicked ok. To use that brush i clicked load brush in brushpanel but nothing happens there. So i went to pro presets and i can open it there. Although there are 2 or 3 presets listed there but dont show on the right (like where all the leaves are). Did i go about the the wrong way maybe? I worked fine on my last pc save/load from brushcontrol panel. Such a pity i lost the ones a made in the past, as well as my books..all gone.
I hope this is a clearer explanation?
Marion
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Based on your last description I think you may have some ideas how things work wrong. Maybe it will be good if you look at the User Guide http://help.pixarra.com/s/help_resources/m/user_guide and see if that helps with some of this. 

Looks at the Working With Brushes and Working With ArtSets sections.

Let me know after that if it helped.

Thanks,
Ken
marion

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Ken,
ive created a new artset and clicking on a preset gives me that brush. But clicking on load preset in brushcontrol doesnt show my artset to pick from so i guess im doing something wrong again. Im sorry, my brain doesnt check it anymore it seems. Can i get rid of the left list of presets in case i get it right with picking from my artset?
Marion my presets.png 

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #11 
Let's try this a different way. Please tell me in a short sentence what you need to do and I will make a short 1 minute video (I hope) on how to do it. 😉

Ken
marion

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Ken,
Hope this helps my poor explanation..I had the text in the screenshot but its not showing so added it as t.jpeg
Marion

Attached Images
png Naamloos.png (574.60 KB, 5 views)
jpeg t.jpg (44.92 KB, 5 views)

Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #13 
Hi Marion,
  I don't believe that's quite how it works.
Presets are there own entity saved else where.
Myself I've found I prefer [ Easier ] too;
Create your own Artset Name it say;
Flowers Preset # 1- Infinity or any name you Like.
This way you Know where there at. For easy access.

But that was not your original Question??
Where are your Artsets? After your latest update?
Is this a New Computer that you've transferred to???
If not I can pretty much assure you your Artset & Books are there.
I'll show a easy way to look for them.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #14 
Ok I understand what you are trying to do and yes as lorenzo pointed out the Brush Control Presets don't work that way. They save the setting for that exact brush in that exact ArtSet. You can however create your own ArtSet and save the brush with your setting to your own ArtSet.

Ken
marion

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo
Hi Marion,
  I don't believe that's quite how it works.
Presets are there own entity saved else where.
Myself I've found I prefer [ Easier ] too;
Create your own Artset Name it say;
Flowers Preset # 1- Infinity or any name you Like.
This way you Know where there at. For easy access.

But that was not your original Question??
Where are your Artsets? After your latest update?
Is this a New Computer that you've transferred to???
If not I can pretty much assure you your Artset & Books are there.
I'll show a easy way to look for them.

Hi Lorenzo,
This is a new pc, so i guess books and presets are lost.
I made a new artset called flowers and than copied them from the original artset to my flowers artset.
I thought now i would be able to load them all from there? But it seems not, haahaha.
Marion
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.