Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BunnySpots

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, fairly new to TwistedBrush (Not super new I've had it for a couple years, but new to actually spending time using it. XD)

One of the other programs I use has this really cool feature that lets you turn any brush you are using into an eraser version of itself very quickly and it's extremely useful. I know TwistedBrush has the "erase mode" that can be added to nearly any brush it's not very handy to have to add it and it gets removed anytime time you switch out brushes. Getting back to the request: It would be really nice if there was a quick command, a hotkey or a check box  on the main interface close to the color selection that would allow you to quickly change any brush into an erasing mode.
stickynoteme

Reply with quote  #2 
I'd also +1 this one since I'm in the camp of people who add "erase mode" to every brush I use on a regular basis. 
I don't even keep an eraser in my brush sets due to it.[rofl]
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Is two clicks too many (as shown in animated GIF below)?

[5c8fe75ac3e9e7b41c46a9513efc5618] 
BunnySpots

Reply with quote  #4 
If it stayed permanently on each brush it wouldn't be too bad, but I switch out my brush sets very often which adds up and gets a bit overly repetitive.

Maybe it could be a default setting for nearly all brushes? Since there was recently more effect layers added that means there should be room to add it to pretty much every old brush.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
This request was given further consideration. For now this type of change will be rejected. It is pretty easy to add erasing to brushes and of course the opportunity to save the brushes into your own ArtSets. 

i didn't come up with an elegant way to do this with a single click and we don't have plans to add the Erase Mode effect to 1000's of brushes.

We may add some universal brushes in the future which will include an erase mode option along with many other options to more easily enable and disable brush features with a single click.

Thank you for the suggestion, while it did't lead to an immediate change, it did help highlight how best to accomplish this currently and may result in some new brushes in the future.

Ken

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.