Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Bishka

Reply with quote  #1 
I have tried making a small number of filters that use there own custom brushes.  But these filters have two big problems.
1) They are not very 'export friendly' There is nothing stopping me from sharing these filter/brush combo's . The difficulty comes at the end-users' end where, after installing the combo they would then need to go into the filter and edit the paint_select_brush  Artisetname because I have no idea how they have set-up there custom brush directory (if that's the right word).

2) Because the filter and the brush are stored separately within TB, it is quite easy for  them to become 'detached' , one only has to reorganize ones collection of custom brushes....Or do what I did (twice!) back-up the filters but not the brushes.

So, would it be possible to have some way of storing custom brushes within the script filter? that way they can never get separated.

Bishka
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Bishka,

Distributing the entire ArtSet in addition to the script may be the best solution. 

If we were to add an ability to store a brush in a lua script it would most likely take the form of allowing a raw injection of a recorded script (macro) with the Script Brush tool. This would require some manual effort from you to separate the brush code from the recorded script. 

In case you don't know, when you use paint commands in a Lua script is it in fact just generating a paint session internally the same as if you used the Script Brush tool for then playing it back. Therefore if some extension to the Lua commands were added to allow injecting the brush codes you would be pointing to brush data such as:

Code:

BrushSettings
Pencils
Graphite pencil 2
Cor Dab Soft
combo
Smooth Stroke
combo
Bld darken
combo
Cor Dabit Len
combo
Size Max
combo
Size Min
combo
Cor Prime Clr
combo
Cor Bld Pri Clr
combo
No effect
flat
No effect
flat
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
No effect
flat
No effect
flat
No effect
flat
No effect
flat
No effect
flat
No effect
flat
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
No effect
combo
Pro Colored Pencil (2015)

I still favor the simpler brush select method that we currently have. 

Ken

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
I am flagging this request as declined for now. It doesn't mean it can't be revisited in the future, just that there won't be an immediate change for this.

Ken
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.