Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Lorenzo

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Ken,
  Just installed V 24.03
I use the Quick Command Panel a lot.
One Time Tool Use doesn't work for me for some reason.
I click on a tool in panel it changes the tool but will only activate it whit Right Click.
Unlike before in V23?????????????
Am I doing something wrong?   
namwob

Reply with quote  #2 
I use Quick Command. Tried to replicate the problem as described but seems to be working as normal for me.
I have noticed quirky behaviour in the QC window  from time to time -
mouse click being interpreted as right-click, mouse click clearing the setup of a box. That kind of thing. It always corrects itself with a restart of the program. Never managed to come up with a way of reproducing the problem. 
So does the problem disappear if you restart TB?

Steve
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Lorenzo,

I have tested this and can't find any problem. You do know that selecting the tool from that category of the Quick Command panel will keep that tool selected for just 1 use. 

Steve,

Strange, are you just using a standard mouse?  I'm never seen that kind of behavior. Do you ever see that in other parts of the program (incorrect mouse button interpretation)?

Thanks,
Ken
namwob

Reply with quote  #4 
Ken
I've now managed to repro this fairly consistently on my system (Windows 7).  It's caused by Alt-Tab ing out of TB to another application, then when you click back/Alt-Tab back the mouse behaves incorrectly in TB. This happens in current and previous versions. I cant get it to happen 100% of the time - maybe 1 in 3 times when I follow these steps:

TB loaded and maximised
Brush tool selected
Quick command window visible
Alt-Tab to desktop and load Resource Monitor (for example)
Click within the UI of RM 
Click back on the TB UI (I think it also happens if I Alt-Tab back to TB)

If things have gone wrong the mouse behaves like this:-
Mouse click on Quick Command button blanks out the selection for that button
Attempting to paint behaves as if Color Picker tool was selected (cursor is still the brush cursor)
Clicking on palette causes palette to get messed up.

It's a standard mouse. I also have an old Wacom tablet connected.(I've just repro'd the problem with the Wacom disconnected)

The problem eventually clears itself with a bit of random clicking in other applications or reloading TB.
I haven't noticed any similar quirky mouse behaviour in other applications - I use many.

This is not a show-stopper for me. I'm able to work round it when it occurs. Happy to help with more info.
good luck
Steve
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.