Author   Comment  
wesleyfongchong

Reply with quote  #1 
Practice towards the Water competition .. painting requires so much practice :/ 😋 ..

I think this must be a 6th practice (after many half done practices, and messing around doodles .. )
I kind of like this one and might just enter it as an Entry, but I do want to practice some more too .. 😋
waterfall test brushes02.png 

The first practice this morning
waterfall sk01.png 

Robyn

Reply with quote  #2 
I kind of like the top one too Wesley. That's quite a heap of water falling and it looks really very pretty to me. Almost an abstract...  [smile]  Robyn
Suzette

Reply with quote  #3 
I also like the top one best. Quite unique~
rldavis

Reply with quote  #4 
While the first practice is a decent painting, the upper one has intensity and power. You have a good design and palette.

bd

wesleyfongchong

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for all the great feedback ! ^_^

Yeah . It's awesome to have 100,000s of brushes, but it also takes a while to go through testing each and considering their usage xD lol

(I'm guessing Pixarra's system selects the first picture uploaded (maybe I'll upload them as a two in one comparison picture next time .. I was hoping it'd select to thumbnail the top pic, it literally began as a test of the brush, hence the typical vibrant colours, but then I noticed the brush was blending the colours, so I just kept experimenting, and it became an actual painting I liked too ! ^_^ xD lol)

I'm hoping .. my final will be Wide Landscape and a mix of the abstract technique brush, but more of the 1st practice scene .. but I may enter the abstract style as an entry too ^_^
Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Well that's weird Wesley.  Oh yes I see what you have done now, posted them both in the same box.

Next time you could post the one you want to show in the thumbnails in that box, then post the 2nd one in the comment box after that.

kochammarka53

Reply with quote  #7 
You want to win, you have to have a lot of friends who will vote for you, the picture that I liked last time and was really great did not get the credit !!
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #8 
I like both of these Wesley but the top one is more dramatic and bold. Great to see you playing with all the brushes TB has.
Vivienne
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #9 
I been playing with the brushes for seven years now and don't know that much about them lots of brushes to play with T B is excellent and the forum is cool have fun playing
wesleyfongchong

Reply with quote  #10 
! Thanks for the feedback !  ^_^ !

@Don : Have you found a brush that works well in terms of responding to Genius "MousePen" 's Pressure .. so pressing hard makes a big blob, but lightly makes a thinner line (So taper due to pressure, Not a simulated loaded tapering brush?)
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #11 
I can't tell you. I have never used a mouse pen only a mouse. I do like medium bistle acrylic on dry with round medium edge.
shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #12 
Whatever you decide to do, the best of luck.

I like the top one a lot.

wesleyfongchong

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
I can't tell you. I have never used a mouse pen only a mouse. I do like medium bistle acrylic on dry with round medium edge.

I chanced getting a Genius Tablet and Pen . an i608x or something .. it's Totally different from a mouse ! .. it can be finicky, but worth the new experience ..

I so badly want to test different Wacom boards and pens, I think I'd end up buying one of those, because their performance and control should be atleast 4 times better than this Genius .. also, there are lesser brands on a Wacom tech level, which I'd love to compare too ..

If you can, test out a Genius i608x (or the smaller i507x), it's just a change of control for drawing / painting, movement

also, then, maybe if you find the brush similar to what I'm searching for, you may know why xD lol ^_^
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.