Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
Point of view tb.jpg 

We all have our points of view, and some of us are quite vocal about it and are known as opinionated, but it is only opinion as nothing is really proven, but our opinions can make up some great conversations and debates. There are some who think only in a dead line, never wavering from their point of view, never examining or researching, or expanding and will never change their minds. Others will have various views on the one subject, looking at many different aspects of a situation, therefore having a broader understanding and hopefully enacting on that understanding.  Have you ever had a solid opinion about something and someone disagrees, and then they explain their point of view and open up a whole new vista for the listeners? That can open our minds to look further than our nose and broaden our understanding of a matter.  Life is so interesting...  Love to all TB folk.  Rob/yn

PS... That line is supposed to divide the different views in a mirror, lol, couldn't do any better than that. I hope you can see what the characters represent.  R

rldavis

Reply with quote  #2 
Great observation and execution. It's a bit more of a whimsical style and it works well. Science says nothing can be proven only theorized. We should remember that when it comes to our opinions.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice one Robyn. The way of a fool seems right to them, but the wise listens to advice.
Robyn

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Great observation and execution. It's a bit more of a whimsical style and it works well. Science says nothing can be proven only theorized. We should remember that when it comes to our opinions.

bd 
Thanks a lot for thinking so Bob. Yes the style is definitely different from my present time "normal".  I drew it a long time ago and have only just fixed it up enough to post it.  It was full of 'blemishes' in the saved copy that I found and I couldn't find the original.

I read something interesting about scientists  theories and the real meaning, and how we, the common people, have altered that meaning.  This may not be true of course... The scientists say that theirs are called theories because it has been proven in their tests, so that is a complete opposite of what we laypeople refer to as theories, as unproven.  We know though that even though the scientists say that it has been proven, this doesn't necessarily mean that is accurate, and the fact that they change their minds over their conclusions at various times shows that.   [smile]  Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
Nice one Robyn. The way of a fool seems right to them, but the wise listens to advice.
  Thanks a lot for liking it Don. That's a neat quote and fits in perfectly. [smile] Robyn

spuddy

Reply with quote  #6 
Great idea and picture Robyn.
dave
VM...OUTTHERE

Reply with quote  #7 
i will never tire of your creative art and their meanings! I dont know how you come up with so many different thoughts and ways of depicting them into your art. As always, well done my friend!
Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Rob ,

Absolutely love this one.   A different style for you and goes really well with theme of differing points of view.   I always enjoy hearing other people expressing their points of view on varying subjects.   I don't always agree but that doesn't matter.   I've learned that no one is all right or all wrong there are always two sides to every story.     I feel it would be a very boring world if everyone thought and believed the same.   Our differences are what make the world a great place to live in and to learn from one another.   Hope all is well with you.

Cheers Isla 
Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuddy
Great idea and picture Robyn.
dave
Thank you kindly Dave, I'm glad you think so. Your thoughts are always appreciated. [smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM...OUTTHERE
i will never tire of your creative art and their meanings! I dont know how you come up with so many different thoughts and ways of depicting them into your art. As always, well done my friend!
Aw thanks so much Vicki. I'm so happy you're back!  I have a strong analytical brain and that's where my ideas come from and from what I see and hear, happenings and so forth. Far too many ideas swarming in this old brain to ever draw a pic for them all.  If you go here it will tell you how my drawings develop into narrative art. (plus some other stuff)  scroll down a little... 
http://twistedbrush-news.blogspot.com/   

Also one about Ken which is very interesting 
http://twistedbrush-news.blogspot.com/2011/05/interview-with-ken-carlino.html

[smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isla Burridge
Hi Rob ,

Absolutely love this one.   A different style for you and goes really well with theme of differing points of view.   I always enjoy hearing other people expressing their points of view on varying subjects.   I don't always agree but that doesn't matter.   I've learned that no one is all right or all wrong there are always two sides to every story.     I feel it would be a very boring world if everyone thought and believed the same.   Our differences are what make the world a great place to live in and to learn from one another.   Hope all is well with you.

Cheers Isla 
Hi Isla, so good to see you appear. Thanks a lot for loving it, I'm very glad...  I agree re enjoying other people's points of view, it does make life very interesting.  Imagine if we were all puppets saying the same things about every subject under the sun.  What is important is our attitude about what others think. Sometimes we can learn from them, and sometimes they can learn from us, and sometimes a huge fight might ensue [rofl] No, not with me though.  I'm happy to leave things alone if things get a little testy.  Yes everything is panning out ok for me, just taking a little time is all. Had a cataract removed and new lens put in but it's been troubling me so I haven't been able to do much on the computer because of the strain.  It will all be OK in the end though.  [smile] Rob

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #12 
I love this style Robyn and I also have to totally agree with your storyline.  This is very creative and I love the mirror image. Keep this style up as you really made it look very interesting.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
I love this style Robyn and I also have to totally agree with your storyline.  This is very creative and I love the mirror image. Keep this style up as you really made it look very interesting.
Vivienne
  Thanks very much Vivienne. I'm very glad you approve and like my efforts. I'm not sure that I can keep this particular style up as it was from years back and I was in a different mode of thinking, but I still do toony type drawings when the fancy takes me. Haven't done a new one for a while though.  [smile] Robyn

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.