Author   Comment  
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #1 
Moonlight over the ocean.jpg 
Suzette

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice Vivienne, love the color of the water. Years ago I use to live on a lake. The views of the moon on the water were continually changing. I miss that.
Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
I like the soft colours Vivienne, and the little waves give a feeling of a relaxed atmosphere. I used to love sitting on the beach when the sun went down or the moon was in its element.
I have always wondered about the reflexions when the luminary was so low, because they are all pretty much straight, and sometimes a little widening at the end as you have done, so. years ago, I went searching for photos and couldn't find any with the reflection starting off narrow and going very wide, as a torch would do. Most are almost dead straight. and others are more like yours,  and ripples can affect it slightly. I want to understand it...  Maybe because the moon etc are round and not flat as a torch is, and the light from it is diffused... that just popped into my mind lol. [smile]  Robyn

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
I like the reflection of the moon on the water like that it is a relaxed atmosphere, good job
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette
Very nice Vivienne, love the color of the water. Years ago I use to live on a lake. The views of the moon on the water were continually changing. I miss that.

Thanks for liking this Suzette.  I would love to live on the water again, although we are not far from it, you have to be there to really love it.  I also  miss those peaceful views.
Vivienne
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
I like the soft colours Vivienne, and the little waves give a feeling of a relaxed atmosphere. I used to love sitting on the beach when the sun went down or the moon was in its element.
I have always wondered about the reflexions when the luminary was so low, because they are all pretty much straight, and sometimes a little widening at the end as you have done, so. years ago, I went searching for photos and couldn't find any with the reflection starting off narrow and going very wide, as a torch would do. Most are almost dead straight. and others are more like yours,  and ripples can affect it slightly. I want to understand it...  Maybe because the moon etc are round and not flat as a torch is, and the light from it is diffused... that just popped into my mind lol. [smile]  Robyn

Thanks Robyn for your encouragement.  I did have the reflections going at an angle and Roy pointed me in the right direction.  I can't answer your question sorry.  Maybe your conclusion is a good one and also the right one.
Vivienne
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
I like the reflection of the moon on the water like that it is a relaxed atmosphere, good job

Thanks Done Your comment is appreciated.
Vivienne
rldavis

Reply with quote  #8 
Nice Vivienne. Reflections are complicated and I think you did really well.

bd

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Nice Vivienne. Reflections are complicated and I think you did really well.

bd

Thanks Bob for your lovely encouraging comment.  I agree re the reflections but I have been trying to work on them for a while now.  Roy was able to help me correct this one because I had it at an angle and he said it would be better as it it now.
Vivienne
dave

Reply with quote  #10 
All i need is a small ship and the moon to steer her by, okay thats not the way the poem goes, but id like to be on that ocean in a small boat. i can almost hear the water 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.