Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
in memory tb.jpg

Years ago I saw a public on-line message from one lady to another saying that she had put a seat in a certain spot in the garden, written the name of a newly deceased loved one on it and planted a garden around it as a special  place to go when she was thinking of that loved one. I thought it was a very nice idea and drew this scene. I put forget-me-nots under the seat as an extra token. Recently an on-line friend told me she had done the same thing for the recent loss of her son. At a guess there must be many people doing this by now.  Our memories are so important to us, no matter what the subject is.

rldavis

Reply with quote  #2 
Great sentiment. Well done.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #3 
It was a nice idea memories are important. Nice job
spuddy

Reply with quote  #4 
Lovely picture
Here where I live at the seaside there are many public seats with plaques to loved ones
On the promenades and on beauty spots and view points .They have flowers tied to them on anniversaries ......we always say thanks bob or who ever when we take a rest
Dave.
VM...OUTTHERE

Reply with quote  #5 
First of all, really beautiful painting Rob! I love all the colors and the way you have the woman sitting on the bench shows how much thought you put into your work. I suppose it is a bitter sweet situation. What a wonderful way to honor a loved one. xo
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #6 
So beautiful but so sad at the same time Robyn. I love the way you have painted this and is hat a Bible on the bench next to her.  We have a few benches in our parks now dedicated to loved ones even though they were not famous.  This is a lovely idea.
Vivienne
Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Great sentiment. Well done.

bd 
  Thanks a lot Bob.  I'm happy you think so.    [smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
It was a nice idea memories are important. Nice job
  Thanks very much Don. Yes they are very important. I would hate to lose all my memories.  [smile] Robyn

Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuddy
Lovely picture
Here where I live at the seaside there are many public seats with plaques to loved ones
On the promenades and on beauty spots and view points .They have flowers tied to them on anniversaries ......we always say thanks bob or who ever when we take a rest
Dave.
  Thanks a lot Dave.  I decided to have this seat 's name burnt in roughly lol.   That is such a nice idea with the public seats, and even nicer is the fact that people say thanks to the departed.  It's amusing as well in a nice way...   [smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM...OUTTHERE
First of all, really beautiful painting Rob! I love all the colors and the way you have the woman sitting on the bench shows how much thought you put into your work. I suppose it is a bitter sweet situation. What a wonderful way to honor a loved one. xo
  Thanks so much Vicki.  Yes bitter sweet, and a way to have a really pretty and peaceful spot to think about the loved one. Not that we need any special place for that but it seems to be a trend here and there. [smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
So beautiful but so sad at the same time Robyn. I love the way you have painted this and is hat a Bible on the bench next to her.  We have a few benches in our parks now dedicated to loved ones even though they were not famous.  This is a lovely idea.
Vivienne
  Thanks muchly Vivienne. Yes sadness amongst beauty, it's all over the world.  I think that could be a bible, it certainly looks like one of mine,  but I imagine that people would use their special seat to do any reading at all. Just a great place to be and feel close to the lost one. (at least in the good weather)...  I've seen seats engraved for famous ones but since I don't go far I haven't seen any for non famous ones.  [smile] Rob

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.