Author   Comment  
rldavis

Reply with quote  #1 
Hava Beer.png
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #2 
Wow good job, For me 1 beer ok 2 maybe then that is it.
rldavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Don. Now, for me one is more than enough. I finished my share long ago.[smile] Of, course if you don't catch it right there's not much left.

bd

Suzette

Reply with quote  #4 
This is incredible! I see you have been practicing on the hands, nothing wrong with these. I cannot remember the last time I drank a beer. Hmmm...maybe that's why I don't drink them today. [rofl]
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #5 
I am not a beer drinker either Bob, but this reminds me of an Aust bush song.  Have a beer with Duncan and I have also seen the name of a house Bringabeeralong.  Very cleverly done and to me it looks though he might be giving the beer a toss and saying I have had enough. Love it.
Vivienne
rldavis

Reply with quote  #6 
Suzette, Vivienne, thank you. Yeah, I keep working on the hands. I believe that by the time one is throwing beers it might be past figuring out why.[biggrin]

bd

Suzette

Reply with quote  #7 
Chuckle...very true!
Robyn

Reply with quote  #8 
A wonderful character Bob and he looks quite exuberant, which could mean that he's getting rid of it out of his life. He might be about to catch the beer though, temptations... His hand is cupped as though he's about to receive, and the way the bartenders in the old western movies used to slide the beers along to the customer, I can also see them flying through the air. My SIL makes his own beer now and the flavour is very nice. The most I experienced with beer was a very weak shandy when I was in Oz. There is something in beer that is very good for you, and that is the hops. They are good for the nervous system, to keep one calm, and relax. That might be why people are drawn to it.  Excellent work here.  [smile] Rob

rldavis

Reply with quote  #9 
Rob, I experimented with some different ways of suggesting motion. My intention was to indicate his arm moving some and the beer moving toward the viewer. It just didn't come together completely. Beer - my parents owned a bar for a while when I was young and my dad also did some bar tending. Many of my parents friends were bar owners - small, local comfortable mom and pop bars. Great Americans by the outdated definition. Now, living in the Pacific Northwest USA, half the people brew beer, either commercially or in the kitchen. I've been around it most of my life. Every once in a while I get sucked in by the ads about a "new and best tasting beer ever" and I buy a six pack. 5 of each are sitting in the back of the pantry cause I still haven't found one that I wanted to have a second. Mostly they are too hoppy. Now to the point, I have been a mega-user of supplements and vitamins for years. But I have ignored hops cause I really don't like them. Now that you have reminded me, I'll give them another try - maybe in capsule form. I think my nerves could use a little help.[eek]

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #10 
Bob you have been swimming around beer most of your life! I had to smile aboiut the cans in the cupboard. I have done that so many times with things I bought and didn't like. Not beer as I'm sensitive to alcohol and even wine. The products that I've had with hops in have been a mix of other herbs as well. There are many substitutes out there for hops, so you don't need to have a product you don't like. I'd hate it if yiu ended up with rows of hops in the cupboard as well.

Where the hand is concerned I was simply trying to work out whether the beer was hurtling away or towards him. Now that I look at your title again I shouls have known, but I took it as "I have beer". I hope you didn't take it as a criticism as that was not intended. I would hate to deliberately hurt anyone that way. Rest well... I love your characters...  [smile]  Rob

rldavis

Reply with quote  #11 
Rob, I doubt that you ever deliberately intended offense. Thanks for your concern. I always want to know if my ideas aren't clear.[smile]

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you Bob. i was a bit worried...  [smile]  Rob.
Robyn

Reply with quote  #13 
Has it always been "hava" beer Bob?  I read "have" beer, It's my eyesight again! Ooops again ... [smile] Rob
rldavis

Reply with quote  #14 
                           E
             F    P
               T    O     Z
               L     P    E    D
                 P     E     C     F     D
                      [tongue]

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #15 
LOL   I can read all of those  haha. but a bit blurry... [rofl]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.