Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
spuddy

Reply with quote  #1 
This was my first and last go at a photorealistic portrait produced and i use that term deliberately as opposed to painted for the technical challenge only.
portrait 1tb.jpg  It took a fair few hours to draw with many pretty boring stages which is why I never repeated the exercise opting for a much looser style

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #2 
Good job Dave ,not a good thing if it gets boring
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #3 
This is really good Dave. I am so sorry that it got boring because you have a real gift for this style.  I would encourage you to keep going at it.  She is one beautiful girl.
Vivienne
spuddy

Reply with quote  #4 
thanks Don and vivienne
here are some of the production photos plus the ref photo by Philip Greenspun who kindly allowed me to use it...yes I asked and got his  permission before starting ref photo copy.png  concept collage.jpg  detail comparison.jpg  close up.jpg note the first steps are to do an underpaint flat then blend to give the levels before any colouring starts then all the textures and fine details are added

Robyn

Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice work on this lovely girl Dave. You've made her skin look flawless and beautiful. I like all the details and the fact that you have the bottom eyelashes growing out of the right place [smile] which I haven't mastered as yet.  Robyn
Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Dave,

It is a real challenge painting a realistic portrait on the computer.   I enjoyed doing faces with traditional paint media when I painted that way but have not really tried to master the techniques which are different in painting on computer.   Perhaps I should set that up as a challenge and goal during the coming months??
It is a lovely portrait - my only criticism would be that she is just a little bit too perfect - could do with the odd small flaw.   I liked doing older faces as they have done more living and it shows in the skin and eyes.

Cheers Isla

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.