Author   Comment  
Quasihedron

Reply with quote  #1 

I was trying to paint either horizontal or vertical lines. 
When the Preview box is checked, and I was sliding the Spacing close to 0 for a denser set of lines, the slider uncontrollably jumped to 0, and the filter never returns from processing. I had to kill the program using Task Manager. 

1. I am sure that Windows 10 and perhaps the graphic cards are part of the culprit, because of CPU, time and memory management.

2. Can you automatically turn off the Preview when the sliders of any filter are being touched, since there is always a problem when that situation occurs? 

3. When any setting causes a loop like this, can it be terminated if you detect no progress in moving the brush or making no changes to the canvas for extended processing times? 

Otherwise, do you have a better solution to the issues this presents? 

Thanx,
Quasihedron

kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Quasihedron,

Likely those filters shouldn't have allowed that low density value. We will take a look at this. 

To answer your question, some filters explicitly uncheck the preview box because they can be time consuming. However, there isn't a global way to do this in TwistedBrush.

Ken
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
I checked those two filters and they do already have limits of 0.5%. These two filters are rather slow since they are just Lua scripts. 

in response to your options
1. This wasn't related to Windows.
2. Being able to get a live preview when adjusting sliders is a good features. Some filters are slower and default to off.
3. We do this for brushes but for filters that would be harder to consistently implement. 

I will continue to leave to topic open while additional options are considered.

Ken
Quasihedron

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you, Ken! 
methodman

Reply with quote  #5 
I am curious about spacing in brushes I looked through the general category and never found spacing.   In the brush effects category  where is the most obvious examination of spacing?  Also What is the best artset that contains example of spacing the dabs out  and teaches you the proper reactions and dynamics to show the obvious attempts.  

Thanks so much
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Here is a screenshot with some hints.

[bfbde30dbdf873226733edbe2a998952] 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.