Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
rldavis

Reply with quote  #1 
For those who didn't enter or check out the recent contest for the best representation of Autumn, this is my entry, which is not the winner. I'm not sure who won but the voting is over. So I humbly acknowledge that there were some really good pieces, one of which deserved to win. I suppose there will be an announcement. Our usual crowd here was well represented. Sadly there were a few that never come play with us.

bd

Fall.png

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice work Bob. Look at Company News, It was William Farmer with Autumn Forest.
Suzette

Reply with quote  #3 
I like your take on "Fall". [smile] 
rldavis

Reply with quote  #4 
Looks Like I got caught by the emoji bug again. Oh well, my bad.

bd

rldavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Don. I looked there and didn't see it and I went back now and it's not there. Nothing is strange on this site.[smile]

bd

rldavis

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks Suzette. I guess a bad pun didn't get me any votes.[biggrin]

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
lol  I get it Bob.  Funny you.  It's a gorgeous scene. I really love this and it does show both types of fall very well. Unusual work and that split in the earth looks really deep. I wouldn't stand that close to the edge though. I can't stop looking at it  lol  [smile] Rob
Comp results..  http://www.pixarra.com/competition.html  4th row down on the R side column. Yours is in the 2nd row.  The amount of votes are on the thumbnails. 

PS that's a really sad looking smiley...  [bawl]

Jonny Brush

Reply with quote  #8 
Interesting scene, pregnant with possibilities!!

rldavis

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Rob. This is loosely based on a place about 30 miles from home on the approach to Mount Rainier. The gorge is about 300 feet deep and very similar to this. I can't walk up to the edge.

bd

rldavis

Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you Jonny.

bd

spuddy

Reply with quote  #11 
I really liked your entry Bob it is an excellent idea and very well painted  ........and I endorse the pixarra choice as a winning entry it was excellent.......regarding the peoples choice the rules said you could promote your pictures in any way ..... presumably such as your facebook account
dave
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #12 
As pointed out, the competition results were posted here http://www.pixarra.com/competition.html

The submission thumbnails are randomly positioned and will be different each time the page is loaded. 

Yes, unfortunately, as mentioned in a forum post, the Recent Image upload solution has no way to distinguish between an image and emoji. 

Thanks,
Ken
rldavis

Reply with quote  #13 
Thanks Dave and Ken. I was looking for the results in the woobox link and of course didn't find them there. There were plenty of good choices and I'm satisfied with the results. Some contributors did promote well. Good for them. The emoji issue was my bad memory.[smile]

bd

COUNTRY KITTY

Reply with quote  #14 
AWESOME  love the concept of this a has feeling your looking down great 3D effect a winner 4 sure COUNTRY KITTY/MARY
rldavis

Reply with quote  #15 
Thank you Mary.[smile]

bd

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.