Author   Comment  
oblivion

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi :>

I have several Twistedbrush products. On my desktop machine (Asus, Win 10, x64) everything works fine.

On my laptop (Acer, Win 10, x64) none of them initialise the graphics properly: I see the menus and gridlines between the various bits, but everything else is white and, in the working area, the cursor just disappears.

I've checked my graphics drivers (Intel HD) and they claimed to be up to date. In some desperation, I uninstalled them and let Windows redetect and reinstall and update, but no change, sadly.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try? I don't see similar problems with anything else I use...
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
You may have something else running on this system preventing normal execution. Here are few things you can try.

• Start the program as Administrator ("Run as Administrator" from the popup menu if you click on the icon on the desktop.
  • Try a different screen resolution.
  • Start Windows in Safe mode to see if that makes a difference. 
Ken
stillgolfing

Reply with quote  #3 
Another thought, if the above does not resolve the issue. If you have a laptop with an onboard card, and a 2nd dedicated card ensure that TB is associated with Your dedicated card. Depending on the manufacture Laptops with dual cards default to to the lesser card to save power/battery life (even if you are always plugged in). With some programs (usually older x86 based) there maybe no solution as Win10 always defaults to the weaker card even though you have associated the dedicated card; so if the weaker card can't handle the programs graphics then you are between a rock and a hard place. Most of these issues are typically associated with onboard Intel cards.
oblivion

Reply with quote  #4 
I've tried everything now, to no avail. I've tried the internal laptop screen and the external monitor, at a variety of resolutions; no change.

Running as administrator made me have to re-enter the license code but didn't change anything else. (Presumably the license check is to HKCU not HKLM...)

Slightly disappointed but at least I can run everything on the desktop machine; clearly the best thing I can do with the laptop is give up. [frown]
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Oblivion, Just to confirm, you tried this Windows Safe mode?
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Another thought, while it shouldn't matter, have you tried to start TwistedBrush in a compatibility mode? Also accessed by right clicking on the desktop icon.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.